triple gauges?

greenback

I want to add a set of analog gauges and would want to know if others have added them and where to mount ?

thanks

Riptide

What do you want to monitor?

I have an older Garmin GPS that uses a Bluwtooth OBD Ii dongle. They don't make it anymore, but I see them on eBay.

I can monitor 5 things on one screen; boost, coolant temps, voltage, and forget what else. Selectable from a menu.

D

Deleted member 50714

If you mean like oil pressure being one? The benefits of montering oil pressure has been hotly debated on the forum. Some say good and some no. I was in the good camp and considered adding s pressure gauge but changed my mind because it would add additional failure points for leaks, provide dubious benefits and a lotta work.

Consider a Scan Gusge II. PLUG AND PLAY.

https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-ii/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiltym

OBD II adapter and an app called Torque can be installed on a phone of tablet. Will provide tons of information.

greenback

I guess I'm old school and want to watch analog gauges for water temp in degrees, charge/state in volts, and oil pressure, vac/boost in psi/kpa.
The smartphone app does sound interesting and may look at that in addition :)

Riptide

Yeah, I'm an analog gauge guy myself, and none of the smartphone apps have a good gauge display, in my opinion.

Which is another reason I like the Garmin solution. Not sure why they discontinued it, although it still seems to be available in other countries. On top of that, one thing in favor of the Garmin and the smartphone apps is that the OBD data can be used for fuel consumption calcs and costs, and some have basic code reading and clearing.

I do seem to remember seeing a gauge pod for the driver pillar for a Sprinter, and since Westys don't have a rear view mirror, the space where the mirror would go is another prime area for a gauge pod.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom