'13 Serenity on '12 Sprinter TomTom Navigation

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
Just bought a new Serenity at the Pomona RV Show and we are quite happy with this unit. We sold our '05 Pleasure Way Plateau which was on an '04 Sprinter. We are now learning all the complexities of this new RV. My current question is on the navigation unit and was wondering if anyone has figured it out. What I have found out is that it has a TomTom Nav unit connected to the very nice Sony A/V receiver. The Sony receiver is pretty awesome with Bluetooth phone connection for hands free calling and answering. I would think the microphone should also be useable for commands to the TomTom, but I am having doubts about this.

If anyone has insights in the Serenity and any tips to help me learn it, besides the Navigation unit, I'd be delighted to read your suggestions.

mumkin

Congrats on your new rig.. :cheers:

You are lucky to get the new Sony unit. My 2011 Libero has the previous radio/tom-tom combo with the teeny weeny itty bitty screen which is not observable by the human eye from either the driver or passenger seat. The best thing is to get the book and start playing with all the buttons. I saw the voice activated option in mine, so yours surely has it too. But I don't use it... I just punch in addresses the old-fashioned way. It is an OK system and the little lady is right about 90% of the time... though it is hard sometimes to get her to follow the route that I want to take.

I think we might have a couple members who have new units that should have the same radio. Hopefully they will drop in...

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

Top Bottom