Would you Buy a 4x4 Sprinter in the USA?

Buy 4x4 Sprinter in USA? If Yes, New, Trade, Another, or Undecided?

• Total voters

V37

V37
Well OK.

I was torn between the Crew and a similar Cargo window version. In the end, it might be nice to have a seat I can put in sometimes when not camping. The seat close behind the front seats will make conversation and camaraderie more possible. I was thinking the seat could swap out with a small removeable kitchen/galley. Mostly, I just need a bed and heat to do multiday backcountry ski trips. The crew option being a little more finished could accelerate the project.
At first I thought I'd be stuck with a crew bench seat,...but then realized I could order a Cargo with everything the Crew had,...even double siding doors. After much pondering though, I went with the single sliding door, with "2 stop function option" (T12),...very convenient for a galley.

I'm looking at jack-knife RV sofa beds to meet my sleeping requirements,...they stuff them with memory foam, and are mostly under a $1k. For example:
http://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/sofa-beds/jack-knife-sofa-beds/alante-sofa-bed.html

Last edited:

GlennR

2016 4x4 170
I just bought a tan 2016 4x4 170" Ex cargo last week, with 13k miles. Still waiting for the title to arrive from the bank to the dealership, so I can finalize the transaction. In the meantime, I've been reading and watching YouTubes to help me figure out want we need for turning it into a travel van.

I'm hoping I don't regret the extra length, but the price was too good to pass up. It's so long that I think it'll need some kind of graphics so it won't look like a moving van. I'm sure adding windows will help a lot.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Depending on how you plan to use your "Travel van", looking like a moving truck can be an advantage.
We often park ours for overnight stays in odd locations, where not looking like a motorhome has its advantages.

Why people will tolerate a parked commercial vehicle, and not a quiet overnight camper is a whole other discussion.

Top Bottom