Can anyone RESEARCH A VIN for datacard?

sailquik

Hi NeslonSprinter,
I have your data card! All downloaded in .pdf format.
I sent you an email re: an email address to send it to you.
Sprinter-source email client does not do attachments!
Roger

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Could i make the request that folks post their datacards to help inform/instruct the rest of us about available options and mixes?
I can't see what information on the card might be considered "privileged" or necessarily secret.
If you'd rather not have your VIN or some serial numbers known (although the upper sets of digits would help folks get a sense of the rough relative sequencing range their vehicle was produced in), they can be obscured. I can do that for you if you wish.
As an example, here's my 2005's data card, with the VIN and Engine numbers trimmed of their final 5 digits:

DicksDatacard.jpg

--dick

sailquik

Dick,
I like the idea alot!
Where we will find space on the server for this much data from even 50% of the members I cannot guess.
Maybe Sikwan can come up with a repository for member submitted data cards (indexed by member name??) where the
data could be stored using less banwidth?
Roger

Dick,
I like the idea alot!
Where we will find space on the server for this much data from even 50% of the members I cannot guess.
...Roger
Roger,
You are correct if we get a 50% response, but my guess is that the number of cards actually posted will be much, much lower.

So far bandwidth hasn't been a hot topic with Sikwan. He has even encouraged people to post pictures to the site so they don't go away. :idunno: JPG files of the data cards aren't very large.

vic

autostaretx

Erratic Member
PDF would be even smaller
...and also usefully searchable...

I posted my example as a JPeG just so that it would be instantly visible, and so i could demonstrate the "anonymizing".
That's 452 kilobytes (pushing the 500kb -per-picture site limit)
If i'd made it a GIF it would've been 156kb or less
As its original PDF, it was only 90kb.
If i'd mooched my wife's desktop (with full acrobat), i could've created an anonymized PDF in the 90kb range.

There is a "site limit" for attachments total size per user. My flakey memory sez it's 100 or 500 MB.
Currently i'm shown as having/"using 71.79 MB to store 541 uploaded attachments".

Click on User CP on the top blue bar, scroll down the left-hand list to "attachments" to see your impact.

Yes, i'd recommend PDF as the best file storage form, since that's how the raw data arrives from MB anyhoo.

--dick

WPJ

OK lets try this

All Canadian Data Cards go here - http://sdrv.ms/143iIuw
All USA Data cards go here - http://sdrv.ms/Xgv5fk
All Europe Data Cards go here - http://sdrv.ms/WvzOwh
All Other Data Cards go here - http://sdrv.ms/XgvgXP

Lets see if this works it's 7GB on SkyDrive it should be fully editable to anyone who has the link.

we can always expand to 7GB per Folder by making a different master login per each one.

Just a thought and a test. Ill post my data card to the Canadian one now.

WPJ

Ok so it looks like you need a hotmail account to upload, or it can be connected to facebook, do we have a sprinter source facebook page by chance?

there is ways to get free storage for this kind of stuff.

Also I have access to EPC with the 2013.01 Database so all of the latest sprinters.

I will help in getting data cards for people who request them.

Last edited:

there is ways to get free storage for this kind of stuff.

Until it doesn't work by using the thread provided I'm thinkin' the KISS formula may be best applied. :idunno:

If past response for similar things is any gauge, I think just a few of the regulars will be adding their Data Card info. Any extra effort at all required by members will further reduce that number.

I do think the Data Card information being made public is a great idea though. vic

WPJ

Ya agreed, I'm game to just have another folder added to each section called data cards, allow only a few of us to post to keep the questions out,of it so that only clean data cards are,posted and some extra space given to those of us who will add them would work best

Top Bottom