Illuminated Star on my 2016

lindenengineering

Dave
Take heart ! --I saw one the other day on a new client;'s F 250 with 6,7--So don't fret they are available.
So don't worry be happy Ma-an --Wah de gwaan, everyting irie? :laughing:
Dennis

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Boy am I relieved. When I thought I could not have a lighted emblem, I was so depressed. Now there is the possibility of brightening my future. I suspected someone would see the need and fulfill by dreams. All is good.

... I suspected someone would see the need and fulfill by dreams. All is good.
Be careful what you wish for. A relative may stumble upon Sprinter-source. Christmas is coming and it's tough coming up with ideas for presents for us old(er) guys. Have fun wiring up that LED Ford emblem that your granddaughter gives you. :tongue:

vic

gwc

My xmas would come early if I had the diameter of it :)

The part number on the OP thread measures 18.4 cm but 2013 sprinter facelift is 21cm!

Dennis I'm blaming you for this ahahahaha

gwc

Dennis that's correct my friend but the kit is 18.4 cm

I re-read the thread in particular post 33 and Heath Robinson plays his hand to a certain degree albeit very nicely

lindenengineering

gwc

Sorry mate no "TWO 10" ring wid de bling!:thumbdown:
Only one size available for cars only!
Crikey and spendy too!
Sorry but I tried.
Cheers Dennis

DenDigger

Sorry for the delay. @gwc. I'm not sure on the size of the star. I used the one I listed. I did not intend to use that particular star but in the end it needed to be that star. The way the build went, it became very apparent that my original idea of how to do this mod wouldn't work. The star on the grill attaches in a way that made the illuminated star to loose mounting points after modification to the grill. Modding the original star to be fitted with the illuminated one seemed better. There isn't a lot of plastic on the grill where the original star mounts.

DenDigger

Referring to post 33. The "clocking" of the star position on the grill is critical. If the original star is not in it's original position when you cut it and place the new star mounting cuts in it, Nothing will be lined up. The new star will be crooked. Not desirable. The illuminated star relies on the old star to be properly aligned or "Clocked".

@lindenengineering. Yes this was not cheep. I was not going for a cheep install. I wanted it to look as OEM as possible. If you don't like it that is fine. Not saying you have to, but could you not be such a downer for everyone else. I didn't post this build to be put down. I posted it because I thought it was cool and this sight looked like the place to show others cool stuff we do to our vehicles. We all here have ideas, some others use, some don't.

lindenengineering

No seriously! --For a moment !
How many would buy a bling MB star kit that was a simple drop in and install?

Try not to be so testy.
I have some interest and of course always finding ways of making money.
This forum is supposed to be fun yah know!!
GWC showed the way in humorous replies!:thumbup:
Dennis

DenDigger

No worries. You just tend to sound down. For me, the star was a must have. It looks cool. Some may not agree and thats ok. As far as a drop in addon, it doesn't exsist, as far as I know.

lindenengineering

No worries. You just tend to sound down. For me, the star was a must have. It looks cool. Some may not agree and thats ok. As far as a drop in addon, it doesn't exsist, as far as I know.
No they dont, I have checked with a number of sources including the dealer chains in 210 mm.
But they can be made and copied to 210 mm.
Dennis

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Maybe an oval of LED's with a light as an iris. Could program it to wink at the girls.

Reminds me of a fun weekend at Pebble Beach car races in Monterey 50 years ago. Had 60 Bugeye Sprite that I had just had repainted. The windshield washer nozzles did not get installed correctly. When actuated they sprayed water up and to the side. Worked perfectly to spray water through the open window of a car stopped next to us.

lindenengineering

Maybe an oval of LED's with a light as an iris. Could program it to wink at the girls.

Reminds me of a fun weekend at Pebble Beach car races in Monterey 50 years ago. Had 60 Bugeye Sprite that I had just had repainted. The windshield washer nozzles did not get installed correctly. When actuated they sprayed water up and to the side. Worked perfectly to spray water through the open window of a car stopped next to us.
Oh how funny!:smilewink:
Actually the emblem in my opinion that might look nice illuminated would be that of Subaru or better known as the Pleiades (Seven Sisters).
http://www.stanleysubaru.com/blog/2...n-what-are-the-origins-of-the-subaru-logo.htm

Cheers Dennis

No seriously! --For a moment !
How many would buy a bling MB star kit that was a simple drop in and install?
Dennis
The horn power would be a source. On/off with key. A male/female horn connector adapter. A tap wire to the horn power, negative wire lead with lug for the horn mount bolt, and Bob's your uncle.

vic

DenDigger

Just tapping into the headlamp wire harness was sufficient. One add on would be a diod so the parking light circuit could be used to light the star after unlocking or locking with the fob.

Top Bottom