Radio Codes - lost

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The full number is WDB9026622R781135
OK.... the radio code list that's posted in many places is for the *North American* Sprinters.
If it hadn't been posted (by a dealer), we here in the US/Canada would have to ask our dealers for the codes.

So, being in the UK, i suspect that that's your pathway: ask an MB dealer.

Note how your VIN pattern differs (a bit) from the North American decode page i posted.
You're still WD for company and county of origin, and i wonder if the "R" before the "assembly number" means right-hand drive?
(Australian members could confirm/deny that simplistic extrapolation).

Perhaps the UK 3rd party Sprinter Maintenance Manual provides a VIN decode ?

The VIN plate is attached to the drivers seat bottom left for RHD opposite side for LHD.
Here in the US, the VIN is put in many places.. and one is on the lower edge of the windshield/screen on the driver's side. It's riveted to the top of the dash panel. That's the one i use as "gospel" (partly because it doesn't require opening the door and hunting).
I also agree with Amboman... it's also placarded on the seat pedestal
This too-close-up view of mine shows it pasted sideways near the rear of the pedestal.
The black bracket on the lower left of the photo is the MB fire extinguisher bracket,
my vinyl-covered cargo floor is the grey on the lower right.
This shot was taken looking in through the driver's side door (left hand drive).

VINonPedestal.jpg

For what it's worth, the stickers on my engine do NOT have the VIN,
but i think there's one with it on the sheet metal near the hood (bonnet) latch.

--dick

Last edited:

Simon0107

Many thanks Autostaretx for your time and help, looks like its because im in the UK like you said. It's strange there isn't a UK database online though.

I disconnected the battery to replace my glow plug relay, and after I figured out what happened I realized the PO didn't give me the code for the radio.

I used the link in this thread, and it worked! :cheers:

TYVM

lotayz

Hi To all wonderful people of Sprinter source..
pls help me I lost the radio code of my sprinter vin no WDF9036632A918927.....If anybody can help....
Thanks

autostaretx

Erratic Member
vin no WDF9036632A918927
What country, model year and type (wheelbase, engine) is your Sprinter?
The radio code lists i have only apply to 2002 through 2006. And may only apply to North American-delivered Sprinters.
(if i'm reading your VIN correctly, it's a 2002...
but the "F903" does not match the pattern i have (D3 instead of 03 would be a 158" (4025mm) wheelbase)
..and the final nail in the coffin is that "A" at the 7th-to-last digit. Our code lists are all numeric (no letters).

--dick

lotayz

What country, model year and type (wheelbase, engine) is your Sprinter?
The radio code lists i have only apply to 2002 through 2006. And may only apply to North American-delivered Sprinters.
(if i'm reading your VIN correctly, it's a 2002...
but the "F903" does not match the pattern i have (D3 instead of 03 would be a 158" (4025mm) wheelbase)
..and the final nail in the coffin is that "A" at the 7th-to-last digit. Our code lists are all numeric (no letters).

--dick
I am in Australia...its 2004 sprinter 308cdi.... Super long wheel base....
Pls HELP

autostaretx

Erratic Member
lotayz said:
I am in Australia...
As far as i know, only the 2001-2006 US/Canada code numbers are easily available.
You'll probably have to talk to an MB dealer to get your code.

sorry 'bout that...
--dick

Tulisan9k

Hi, 06 2500 T1N Passenger NAFTA. I got the code which matches my VIN. Thanks to this post. Tried to enter it several times had to wait out "wait" 3x. used the procedure outlined in the Becker radio manual for Sound 10/30. The radio will not accept the code and reverts back to "code*****" or wait. keeping the up arrow pressed in several seconds after last digit does not help. No beep, just code*****. Any ideas? If the database is accurate, going to a dealer will not get me another code, will it? Thanks.

sailquik

Guys,
Have you looked at the clear packet with the Operator's/Manitenance/Radio manuals in it?
Should be in the glove box and there should be the actual radio code for your radio in your
Sprinter on a tag in the clear envelope/packet.
Hope this helps,
Roger

D-rack

Just used there code list (from the first thread) for a 2006 sprinter, worked great .
thanks, Thanks, THANKS !!!!!!

percym

I haven't seen any answer on this thread for the people who got the code from the list, but code doesn't work, just generates "WAIT" cycle. I have same problem. Any solution?

Last edited:

JJ Sprinter

I too need to know how to input the code into a unit (ry2550) I got from e-bay. I called MBUSA, got the code, but don't know how to enter it.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Unfortunately, the radio code lists we have are for the US/Canada market, and don't include your serial number.
(i see from your datacard it's a UK Sprinter built in 2001)
I'd try asking at a local MB dealer ... it's just a data look-up for them.

--dick

biggreen

what happened to the factory radio codes pages? Unfortunately I’m totally lost in this new format of website and can’t find it.
Basically there’s oodles of pages with vin numbers for every sprinter and it’s pertinent information including original radio codes.

I lost mine last year but tracked it down so it’s out there somewhere.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
what happened to the factory radio codes pages? Unfortunately I’m totally lost in this new format of website and can’t find it.
Basically there’s oodles of pages with vin numbers for every sprinter and it’s pertinent information including original radio codes.

I lost mine last year but tracked it down so it’s out there somewhere.
They are saved in DIY Sprinter (link below and search for 'Radio') but only appear to be for USA Sprinters, and, as Dick says, @Conquistadore1968 has a UK Sprinter.

I am not aware of any list for UK Sprinters.

Keith.

Top Bottom