Where can I find a rear couch for my Freedom 2?

Univox1

Does anyone know where I can get a couch for the back of my coach? It's a 2007 Leisure craft Freedom 2 serenity. The previous owner took it out and put a full bed in it.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
If you contact Leisure Craft they still make the Serenity today, you can probably just buy the parts directly. Realize that it came in two models, one with a full bed. I would never want the couch, having to make up the bed every night is insane. I can get 8 people seated and still have the bed to toss all my junk during the day. Most things won't roll off the bed when driving and you can always put a pillow up if there is something that is gonna roll around. This leaves the area near the cab open for you to move or friends to sit. Also the under bed storage is very diminished when you replace it with a couch. We have the full bed fixing for when we make up the front bed under the rear bed. So if we have guests or one of us is sick. Just love the full corner bed layout.

Although the 2007 came with that crazy neo-angle shower pan. I have been looking for a 27" x 27" pan like the 2008 and 2009 came with to replace the unit held in place with a strip of caulk 3 inches wide. Ugly, and lots of water spray causing issues with the RV over the years...

-Randy

Univox1

They will not sell me a couch unless they instal it for me. The couch manufacturer will not sell one to me either. They will only sell it to Leisure Travel.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I can sort of understand that. If my theory is correct the power for the couch did not exist in the full time bed version of the Serenity, so it would need a high power branch off the circuit breakers run around the entire side and behind the shower, and switches installed to control it. That is a LOT of work, and would require painful disassembly of the shower area and kitchen.

If there WAS a couch there and it is missing perhaps it could be replaced by one someone else is taking out, but it may be a LONG time to find that.

A short term solution is hitting up Ikea or one of those RV recycler's like our local RV Dr. George and find a piece that will fit. It won't have the funky mechanism that folds down after completely filling the space. If you REALLY wanna get the original one than do the 1200 mile drive. I hope to do the same this spring and have them work on my Serenity. Although I don't know what that would cost, gotta be outrageous.

-Randy

Top Bottom