T1N Scanners... Most cost-effective?

DRTDEVL

I am looking for a scanner that can not only give me live data, but can encode injectors and change the speed limiter settings. Which one out there is the most cost-effective option?

DAD = hard to find and $$$

DRB3 - $$$$ + $$$$

I am looking for easy to get and low $$ with maximum functionality.

I know, I am seeking a unicorn... who has found one?

Ran into a random person yesterday that pulled codes from my T1N using an Innova 3160b. It pulled the codes but I did t use it so I don't know how much info it can monitor.

... so I don't know how much info it can monitor.
Therein lies the rub.

Most any OBDII scan tool will communicate with the ECM aka ECM. To access other modules specific K-line (T1N) or CAN (NCV3) capability is needed. Another issue can be whether the codes are be properly displayed/represented by the tool. It may spit out the closest information that it has in its on board database. That can send you down the garden path.

:2cents: vic

Added:
The Innova 3160b specifications I saw only listed Sprinter 2007 MY for ABS and SRS access. In my mind that isn't encouraging.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The "chinese clone C3" systems you'll see mentioned should also have the capability to encode injectors (and similar).

--dick

mightystrat

Hey all, I am selling my 2007 View (2006 chassis). So I also am separately selling my DAD as well as a transmission dipstick. PM me with offer if interested.

I also have an old Dell laptop running XP with a serial port that works with the DAD. It's a brick, but it works.

Last edited:

Top Bottom