Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Serenity

support Sprinter-Source.com
Click here or the banner before shopping at Amazon. A percentage of your purchase goes to support Sprinter-Source.com

Old 09-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #71
israndy
Custom User Title

Default Re: Added stuff, too much for the What did you do thread...

Mine is barely a powerful enough. It could be that itís switched inverter, or it could be my 6 V batteries are getting old and canít provide enough power. Iím gonna try the batteries from my big RV which our group 31s. I have been fooling with the idea of putting a replacement switch up there for the microwave just need to figure out the wiring diagram

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #72
israndy
Custom User Title

Default Re: Added stuff, too much for the What did you do thread...

There were several changes between the 2007 and the 2008 on Serenitys. Obviously the most important being that the base unit went from T1N to NCV3. There were surprisingly few changes considering the unit was being built on a completely different chassis. I wanted to take all the good ideas from the later models, like a TV above the bed. You may remember I purchased a 32 inch TV that barely fit above the drivers seat and moved the 23 inch TV to the bed.

The problem was that it was difficult to get behind the new TV position for the Co2 sensor and the thermostat and the 12v power point. You may remember me moving the thermostat to above the stove like on all the other models, running a phone cord thru the padded vinyl ceiling to the closet. That left me with the plastic fixture on the wall for just the Co2, which is now 10 years old and should be replaced.

Discovered that they now make combo Propane/Co2 sensors, so I got one and cut open the old propane sensor's installation location to fit the bigger combo box:

IMG_1006.JPG

Now the only thing I was keeping the crappy plastic fixture for was 12v power. So I bought a 12v USB charger and outlet on Amazon. I cut into the post above the 110v outlet and mounted the outlet using the same circuit as the old power outlet. This addition was made a lot easier by the purchase of the $59 Costco Scope Inspection Camera. Wish I could tell you who makes it, looks very similar to the $130 Amazon scope. This allowed me to remove the plastic that was mounted directly to the wall, giving me a mostly clean wall behind the TV and a couple of permanent USB ports in the bed area:

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

I started the move 4 years ago, adding the TV to the bed, a long road. I don't know where I might find replacement for the laminate that got torn when I first tried to move the thermostat, so I tried to use wood repair markers. Its better but ugly. Glad there is a TV in the way.

-Randy

Last edited by israndy; 10-15-2017 at 01:16 AM.
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to israndy For This Useful Post:
thetruewheeler (11-15-2017)