Restraint light on

SJanuary

I have a 2015 Thor citation with just 11,000 mi on it. I noticed on our last trip on the way home the restraint light indicator is now on. We did have a small issue with the drivers seat not wanting to swivel around. Once I got it to swivel like it should...I have noticed that there are two small wires that have been severed under the drivers seat. I know I have seen somewhere on this forum about the wires under the seat behind cut. Any relationship with the restraint light being on and the wires being cut? Any help would be great...before I take it in for warranty. Thanks scott

stevehar

2015 Thor Siesta 24SR
Scott, you cut the seatbelt wires when you swiveled the seat. Thor ran the wires under the seat rails on mine for some reason. The wires should come thru the cardboard on top of the seat box and up thru the whole in the seat swivel. Very common problem. I would fix the wires myself and run them correctly. here is a pic of my wires. I pulled the wires up for clarity. Usually they are all under the seat.

seatbelt wires.jpg

SJanuary

Steve: thanks for the pictures and the reply. I did repair the wires earlier today and all is fine. Great forum for stuff like this! Thanks again scott

TooMuchHair

I am curious if the SRS light went out on its own after repairing the wires? Without a trip back to the dealer?
Thanks

stevehar

2015 Thor Siesta 24SR
My light went out when the wires were connected. The wire got pulled apart every time I swiveled the seat until I routed them properly.
We test drove 2 other sprinter based RV's and both had the light on because the wires were pulled apart.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The wires that were cut were merely the "is the seat belt fastened?" wires... so cutting them is the same (signal-wise) as not fastening your belt.

SeatBelts.png

Thus the light went out when the wires were fixed.

That's a totally separate cookie from cutting/disconnecting the wires to any of the various explosive squibs (seat belt retractors, air bags) which will set a permanently-on light (the SRS lamp) that requires a good scanner to cancel after the repairs.

SRS.png

--dick

Last edited:

BlueGekko

BTW, if your slide is out when you swivel the driver's seat and sever the wire, you cannot retract the slide until you reconnect the wire. Took me several hours to work that one out on my '17 Thor Siesta.

Top Bottom