Questions from New pending Mercedes Sprinter dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr DJ

Some new things from the meeting.

4x4, nothing to report yet. This one still escapes me. They have seen the polls they know the demand, and I have to tell you, I bring it up all the time. I do believe it is being considered, nothing official to comment on yet though. ( Don't shoot the messenger)

I will never give up on the chase of the 4x4, and neither should you, my opinion, the louder we get on it, eventually they will have to give in!

Best,

Mark

Mark P Hoch
General Manager
Flagship Motorcars
Sprinter Vans** New Line of Commercial Vans!
[/email]
Mark, my Man... I know if anyone you expected to hear from, it's me! I think they WILL wake up come 2012, if not, then maybe I will and take a look-see at what other makers will have been obviously :thinking: of. I'm tellin' you, Subaru or another is gonna bust out with a booty kickin' life size 4x4 from jump and steal many would be customers right out from under them. But,,,not my problem! I love "my" Sprinter that I don't even have, but some times Love Don't Keep Things Together Forever - Is that a song :smirk:

Mr DJ

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Starlease
Boss Warranty
Mercedes Commercial optional leasing programs.
2 year/ 3 year/ up to 5year optioning with full extend warranties.
Conditions apply.
boss leasing.jpg
boss.jpg
boss1.jpg
It works well for some high mileage operators.
Richard

Hello Mark,
Strong work so far you are a trooper.
About the vito van is it going to be cargo with limited options or will there also be a wagon option with different length wheelbases?
Tosin
Nothing concrete, just talk.

Really just buzz, but it is legitimate, that are happy with the developements, and want to add to the line up.

We must get this 4x4 thing done too. I told them I could elected President if we pulled this off. I believe it will happen.

I will report as I get it.

Mark

That means you, too Mark :)

How come we can't order a crew van with
a bullet resistent partition on the C pillar,
and glass windows on the rear doors?

We like bullet resistent partitions from Daimler.

Partitions protect us from heavy supplies like lumber and concrete, protect us from sharp objects like tools, protect us from rabid animals, and that Gorilla Samsonite hired back back in the '70s (he's only gotten construction gigs since his acting career took a dive).

We need confidence that nothing's going to try to escape through the front winshield if we suddenly go from 45 mph to zero mph in a matter of meters.

-Jon

Forgot to mention, I forwarded this exact post. I have heard nothing. Except that it was a good idea. I will keep on it. I think that the picture below is just perfect, a well needed option. Most of the vans we have ordered have been without partitions, and it is amazing how many I am installing.

Mark

Mark, my Man... I know if anyone you expected to hear from, it's me! I think they WILL wake up come 2012, if not, then maybe I will and take a look-see at what other makers will have been obviously :thinking: of. I'm tellin' you, Subaru or another is gonna bust out with a booty kickin' life size 4x4 from jump and steal many would be customers right out from under them. But,,,not my problem! I love "my" Sprinter that I don't even have, but some times Love Don't Keep Things Together Forever - Is that a song :smirk:

Mr DJ

I absolutely believe that this will happen, I constantly push it, their eyes lit up when they looked at the poll. This forum is extremley helpful, although it may not seem it at times. They are listening and evolving. As fast as we all want to no. However in my humble opinion, with great leadership, and a strong vision for the future. Our sales are really picking up at a steady clip. We sold 16 just in September. Out of 100 new Mercedes that is a pretty good number.

Make it in 4x4 and I think it would ad 5-8 more a month.

Best,

Mark

punter

I absolutely believe that this will happen, I constantly push it, their eyes lit up when they looked at the poll. This forum is extremley helpful, although it may not seem it at times. They are listening and evolving. As fast as we all want to no. However in my humble opinion, with great leadership, and a strong vision for the future. Our sales are really picking up at a steady clip. We sold 16 just in September. Out of 100 new Mercedes that is a pretty good number.

Make it in 4x4 and I think it would ad 5-8 more a month.

Best,

Mark
It sounds like most Sprinter sales are special orders since not many dealers seem to have 16 on the lots.

Ja?

TommyG2bad

work, raft, ride
I just got mine at MB in Westminster Co. and can't say enough good about them. They put on a hitch and wiring harness I wasn't happy with and are bending over backwards to make it right.
Most of your customers are going to be informed consumers. Treat them that way. Make what you can on the upfitting then put them in touch with your people so they can get a good deal on stuff they'll want later.
Get on MB ass and tell them to get the accessories caught up with demand. (hitch, wiring harness) It's ridiculous that MB is calling Dodge to find parts.

You have a product that's going to sell itself, to a small but growing segment, all you have to do is provide good service to stand out.

Good luck.

sailquik

Jon,
You wrote:
"A factory scan tool should be standard, too."
I agree, the On Board Diagnotics (OBD) should
include all the subroutines required for the Sprinter
to "self diagnose" and tell the driver what the problem
is.
With some hierarchy of the damage that will be done
if it's not repaired.
"Immediate" issues flash in red! Or shut the Sprinter off
except for an emergency "creep" to the side of the road.
"Needs attention very soon" issues flash yellow with the
miles being recorded until it's fixed.
"It would be prudent to have this fixed soon" issues in some
other color or just the display flash every so often.
When I look at the size of the factory scan tools and
PC interfaces it amazes me that they don't have something
similar onboard now.:thinking:
Roger

sailquik

Hi autostartex,
I looked a bit on the internet to try to find an email address for Claus Tritt (CEO of Daimler Vans USA LLC)
who I spoke with at the Sprinterfest (@ Sun Motor Cars in Carlisle-Mechanicsburg, PA) so I could suggest
he take a look at the thread on the 25 amp fuse.
I'll just have to suggest to my salesman and the parts manager that they make that suggestion and
send it up the chain.
Now if all of us who have purchased a 2010 or 2011 genuine Mercedes Benz Sprinters from one of the
MB Sprinter dealers were to ask their sales and parts guys to check out the lack of availability of that <$2.00
fuse, it might get their attention. (1.20 GBP= $1.86 USD)
It's MB Part Number n 000000 004212 (readily available in the UK, unobtainium here in the USA).
I'll bet there is or was a valid engineering reason why they specified that fuse when they designed
the NCV3, so keeping the OEM fuse (or a replacement that meets the same test criteria) could be
very important.
Roger

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
...ask their sales and parts guys to check out the lack of availability of that <$2.00
I recently purchased one of the 80 amp ANL fuses used by the T1N Sprinters (on their battery-mounted power distribution block).
It was almost $10 from the Dodge/Chrysler dealer (over the counter).
Of the 5 fuse sizes in that block, they only had that one size.

On the other hand, they did have the unique-to-Sprinter little rubber bumper that keeps the fuel door from banging... and it was cheap ($1?).
--dick

avid

Saphira's rider
On the other hand, they did have the unique-to-Sprinter little rubber bumper that keeps the fuel door from banging... and it was cheap ($1?).
--dick
I noticed that I need one of those thingamagigges the other day. Thanks for the tip.

Hi autostartex,
I looked a bit on the internet to try to find an email address for Claus Tritt (CEO of Daimler Vans USA LLC)
who I spoke with at the Sprinterfest (@ Sun Motor Cars in Carlisle-Mechanicsburg, PA) so I could suggest
I'll just have to suggest to my salesman and the parts manager that they make that suggestion and
send it up the chain.
Now if all of us who have purchased a 2010 or 2011 genuine Mercedes Benz Sprinters from one of the
MB Sprinter dealers were to ask their sales and parts guys to check out the lack of availability of that <$2.00
It's MB Part Number n 000000 004212 (readily available in the UK, unobtainium here in the USA).
I'll bet there is or was a valid engineering reason why they specified that fuse when they designed
the NCV3, so keeping the OEM fuse (or a replacement that meets the same test criteria) could be
very important.
Roger

I talk to Claus a couple of times a month, I will send this to him and the team. Been away for awhile, snow, vacation etc... won't happen again.

Best,

Mark

Hi autostartex,
send it up the chain.
very important.
Roger

I have been getting caught up.Was not aware this was such an issue. Beyond forwarding, I will dig into this issue. Carl stumbled across a repair of upgrading a 20 amp to a 25 amp on some no starts, I don't think this is related, however I will dig in tommorow.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom