Warning Lynol Aftermarket Radiator

lindenengineering

Guys a warning!

After having received two of these Lynol radiators for T1N's from 1 800 RADIATOR I have now condemned them for tolerance issues.

Ostensibly the top hose connection and the expansion tank underside ribs are so closely formed together that you can just fit the top hose but NOT the band clamp without forcing it.

Consequently the band clamp when forced to fit won't fully tighten in service as being pinched and it will blow off causing possible overheating through sudden massive coolant loss & engine damage. Beware !

I am taking this issue up with our local distributor but for now boycott this radiator !

For info a genuine Beyr is $555 which of course is not price attractive to some!
Dennis

lindenengineering

Here's an update on this.
I have snagged every Chinese derived and one Indian sourced radiator from both 1800 RAD and Performance Radiator!

All exhibit the same dimensional shortcomings so beware!
Now I did find a Chinese sourced radiator from Napa, dimensionally spot on and it had the formation of the ribs on the expansion tank sized to allow the top band clamp to fit without binding. Cost about $100 extra on the trade price .

As for a replacement on what we bought & rejected !
1 800 Radiator has one Nissens in their warehouses nationwide, I grabbed it and am now pursuing claim for loss of labor etc!

Of course it raises the universal issue of aftermarket parts verses genuine from the MB dealer.
Although not of this topic of radiators I/we have last week fixed an errant 2008 Sprinter that was the epitome of bodge!
All because of someone's use of aftermarket sensors in what i can judge was a frantic Mr Fix it effort! That which plainly turned out to be an ultimate fruitless in "fixing" (well at least trying to DIY fix) a badly running engine. Then it seemingly got a "TUNE" if you can call it that! Whereupon he sold it to a Colorado buyer.
Well it appeared to last until the altitude got at it and then in went down in a big way!

Kahching Kahching that'll be $3000 Sir --many thanks!
Beware of aftermarket stuff--really works on MB's--well works an expensive number in this case for sure!!
Certainly boosting my last financial quarter for 2017!:thumbup:--(Opps tax man cometh!)
Inevitable things like death, taxes, and bad parts lurk in life to bugger it all up!
Dennis

Top Bottom