Install GDE with parallels or similar on Mac?

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Can you run parallels or some similar program on a mac to install a GDE tune? Don't have a working PC, and have a GDE tune arriving Tuesday. I could track one down if need be, but would like to just use my Mac if there's a way.

Thanks!

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
I installed my first GDE Tune on my 2004 just fine using my Mac.

The tune for my 2008 would not work no matter what I tried.

Running a fast MacBook Pro with VMware and Windows 7 and 10 and couldn't make it work.

Went to a friends and it worked flawlessly on their windows machine.

Zundfolge

Always learning...
I installed my first GDE Tune on my 2004 just fine using my Mac.

The tune for my 2008 would not work no matter what I tried.

Running a fast MacBook Pro with VMware and Windows 7 and 10 and couldn't make it work.

Went to a friends and it worked flawlessly on their windows machine.
Good to know Cole, thanks! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a version of windows to run on the Mac, I don't want something funky and full of malware from some free site, anyone have any secrets in this regard?

Thanks!

Goofy foot

sliding left...
I'd advise staying away from Win 10. Win 7 should be perfecto. Find a freind with Win 7 and a serial. Use Bootcamp and install it. Enjoy the improvements ! :cheers:

This thread is moved from T1N Talk to Scanners. GED can apply to T1N or earlier model NCV3.

The choices for selection seemed to be Scanners or Sprinter Talk. Scanners was selected because it includes computer operating systems. Future searching should find it either way.

vic

Zundfolge

Always learning...
This thread is moved from T1N Talk to Scanners. GED can apply to T1N or earlier model NCV3.

The choices for selection seemed to be Scanners or Sprinter Talk. Scanners was selected because it includes computer operating systems. Future searching should find it either way.

vic
Well thanks kinda, but there is much more visibility in the T1N forum (I didn't even know there was a scanner sub-forum!), and as one of the replies goes above, it did not work for the '08 etc. etc. I'm less worried about future searching and more prone to wanting visibility for my question.

I actually wish you'd move it back, because I have another question that I'd like to keep in this thread about using the GDE scanner with my T1N. Thanks.

Has anyone installed GDE using Windows 10 on parallels or similar? Just got the tuner here and I can't get the program to read the scanner, the application keeps not responding. Everything has gone smooth until now, Parallels, Windows 10, etc.

But the GDE flash program just says not responding after I plug it in, it gets hung up as soon as it tries to read the device.

Crap. Initially the GDE info was at least showing up on the screen, and now the screen is just going white. Anyone had this issue? Thanks!

Vancity

Well thanks kinda, but there is much more visibility in the T1N forum (I didn't even know there was a scanner sub-forum!), and as one of the replies goes above, it did not work for the '08 etc. etc. I'm less worried about future searching and more prone to wanting visibility for my question.

I actually wish you'd move it back, because I have another question that I'd like to keep in this thread about using the GDE scanner with my T1N. Thanks.

Has anyone installed GDE using Windows 10 on parallels or similar? Just got the tuner here and I can't get the program to read the scanner, the application keeps not responding. Everything has gone smooth until now, Parallels, Windows 10, etc.

But the GDE flash program just says not responding after I plug it in, it gets hung up as soon as it tries to read the device.

Crap. Initially the GDE info was at least showing up on the screen, and now the screen is just going white. Anyone had this issue? Thanks!
Have you made any headway with this? Wondering the same thing, I just placed an order yesterday but trying to line up a computer to do this. I run an iMac at home so figured I'd use the computers at work but they're all windows 10.

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Have you made any headway with this? Wondering the same thing, I just placed an order yesterday but trying to line up a computer to do this. I run an iMac at home so figured I'd use the computers at work but they're all windows 10.
Luckily I have a friend with a windows computer that I used, but I don't know what version he runs.

I was not successful on my Mac with W10. If you're going to attempt to use a Mac I'd do as mentioned above and use Windows 7. I think if I had used 7 it might've worked, but I had already spent so much time installing 10 that I couldn't waste any more time on the computer downloading and installing another Windows.

Good luck.

Top Bottom