Replacing Ventura interior light bulbs with LED

Serge06

I decided to replace all interior halogen light bulbs with LED in order to increase efficiency AND reduce heat generated by the lights. I figured how to open the ceiling lights by simply puling down on the glass covers. Does anyone know how to open the sets of 3 lights next to the windows, above the stove and coaches? I tried twisting, puling, etc...

docman5

Four Winds Ventura Owner
Thanks for asking this question! I tried to remove them and couldn't figure out how. I was afraid I was going to break one of them by trying.

Serge06

The LED's I ordered are definitely bright enough, in fact there is barely any difference. Look for LED bulbs that are at least 110 Luminous Flux (the higher the brighter) and if you wish softer color matching the halogen then 3,000-3,600 Kelvin (the higher the number the cooler the light color). I got these for the under cabinet lights in my Ventura:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FONG1Y/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i02&associate-id=sellfinanced.com

I liked this design since it directs all the light in one direction plus it offers Luminous Flux of 216.
By the way, to open the under cabinet lights pry the inner ring with glass with a knife or a tiny screwdriver.The covers are spring loaded and very tight.

The same bulb above could work for the ceiling lights, except some of my lights apparently had positive and negative contacts switched so the light would only work in one position--shining upwards and almost no light visible since the LEDS are only on one side of this particular bulb.

Then I purchased the following bulbs for the ceiling lights since the bulbs can be turned any way and produce the light from all sides. These bulbs would also work for under cabinets and would be a safer bet in case if one or more of your lights have contacts mixed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007F85OJ2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01&associate-id=sellfinanced.com

We had to pull one of the under cabinet lights and switch the wires in order the use the round LED bulb #1, so to avoid all this trouble get the #2 bulb.

Last edited:

Top Bottom