New 2019 4x4

P

Patrick walsh

Grant I trust your right about the rubbing. Why would you lie. On the other hand unless I misunderstand it seems I can find people whom claim very light heat gun work of the inner feeders who are running 285/755/16.

But you know this is the Internet and they could be miscommunicating or I could be misunderstanding.

Can I ask you about a van o see on your site,Instagram and FB. It’s the pebble grey 2019. It has stock wheels on it and what looks like 33’s on it. I think it now is all done up with a massive all metal front bumper but I don’t know. Can I ask in those early pic with the stock rims and what looks like 33’s. What size are those tires, did they rub and if so what did you have to do to get everything working. I really really liked that look. It’s pretty much exactly what I want to replicate.

Can I ask .
let me know when you rub everything lol.

If they can in fact reprogram thats cool. the NCV3 you cannot

sanomechanic

It’s funny you should mention the above.

So I finally gave up on my last vehicle “Nissan Frontier” after the steering rack went. A wheel bearing went maybe a couple months before that.

All and not to bad with 100K on it
That same Frontier would have probably gone over 200k if left alone.

P

Patrick walsh

I do agree.

On the flip side I only drive like 8-10k miles a year. I also have no garage so at about ten years my vehicles begin to rust. Plus I just destroy everything as I’m a working man.

On the other hand i plan to take new the sprinter across the country 2-3 times a year for a month at a time. I imagine I’ll be doing way more than 10k a year. I’m also pretty sure I’m gonna have a good $20-30k minimum into this build and I’ll probably want it to last me as long as I can get it to last..

With that said the 2” lift and 33’s is probably not the best idea. Who knows though I hope to find out different.

That same Frontier would have probably gone over 200k if left alone.

John E

I do agree.

On the flip side I only drive like 8-10k miles a year. I also have no garage so at about ten years my vehicles begin to rust. Plus I just destroy everything as I’m a working man.

On the other hand i plan to take new the sprinter across the country 2-3 times a year for a month at a time. I imagine I’ll be doing way more than 10k a year. I’m also pretty sure I’m gonna have a good $20-30k minimum into this build and I’ll probably want it to last me as long as I can get it to last..

With that said the 2” lift and 33’s is probably not the best idea. Who knows though I hope to find out different.
With proper maintenance, this Sprinter will last you 300K miles or more.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Grant I trust your right about the rubbing. Why would you lie. On the other hand unless I misunderstand it seems I can find people whom claim very light heat gun work of the inner feeders who are running 285/755/16.

But you know this is the Internet and they could be miscommunicating or I could be misunderstanding.

Can I ask you about a van o see on your site,Instagram and FB. It’s the pebble grey 2019. It has stock wheels on it and what looks like 33’s on it. I think it now is all done up with a massive all metal front bumper but I don’t know. Can I ask in those early pic with the stock rims and what looks like 33’s. What size are those tires, did they rub and if so what did you have to do to get everything working. I really really liked that look. It’s pretty much exactly what I want to replicate.

Can I ask .
I have a 2019
285/75-16

it rubs
alot
took alot of trimming

rubbed even more with my new wheels

And i have the Agile fender skirt

P

Patrick walsh

Re: New 2019 4x

Hmmm, Grant that is very very useful information and I’m appreciative you took the time to share it.

My van in back at the dealer to have a small scratch paired that was there the day I took delivery. My intention has been to have them mount, balance and then reprogram the van to accept the new tires without screwing my nav and cruise.

But you know being told the 285’s will not fit I opted to not pay them to mount and program tires that will never work.

So I have a conundrum. I can put the van up on jacks and haul the tires and rims myself to a tires shop then remount and trim and melt as needed. Or I can run the dam 265’s.

My fear is two fold. I’m afraid I’m just gonna be so disappointed with the look of 265’s. My second fear is to fit 285’s I’m gonna have to hack my new van beyond what I consider wise.

My previous Frontier I ran without front wheel well liners for a good five years. It destroyed my engine bay and all the components. I got lucky and nothing ever failed as a result but one look under the hood and it was shameful knowing the mess I had made cuz I wanted big tires. The salt up here in New England destroys everything. I promised myself I would never do such a thing again..

Years ago I had a M3 on adjustable coil overs. Again those things siezed right up in a couple New England winters.

I have always wanted a Tacoma with a long travel kit but knowing is coil overs and all kinds of bushings without covers I could never justify throwing that kind of money to something I would have to constantly maintain and repair.

Onto this van and I want it all done up with every exterior bolt on Roam has to offer including those beadlock rims. Add the van compass suspension a winch and I can come up with a 20k is number and I have done nothing to the interior. At such a point I’m $83K into this. If I have 265’s with all the above I’ll forever and always feel like I didn’t get what I wanted. But you know if I drop $83k on a van then it’s a maintenance nightmare and money pit I’ll kick myself in the ass.

After all I really am a working man that has no place driving a $63k anything nevermind $100k. But you know I ignore those voices and just bust ass and work 80hr weeks for 3-10 years at a clip.

So with all that what the he’ll do I do about these dam tires...

I have a 2019
285/75-16

it rubs
alot
took alot of trimming

rubbed even more with my new wheels

And i have the Agile fender skirt

keepmoving

We have a fender trimming kit coming soon to make the trimming easier and to re-attach the mud flaps. Cut the wheel archs and properly re-attach the mud flaps so it looks stock to the untrained eye. If you don't have cruise control with distronic and GPS you can make 35s fit with our lift kit and trimming.

Click here - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0871/7220/files/4063-INST-V1.0.pdf?220

:cheers:

Attachments

P

Patrick walsh

So I had a couple good conversations today about this this topic.

First was with the dealer when I picked up my van for the minor paint repair.

So over he phone I was told they could, and would reprogram my van to accept larger tires. Today I was told the same old 265/75/16 story. I was also told anything larger would compromise the transmission and I think the rear end or front diff. I want paying attention after they said 265/75/16 as I was pissed I was told otherwise just two days ago.

Then I spoke with Agile. I found them very helpful and very informative. What I learnt there was with a 1.5 comfort package I could for 275/70/17 or something like that. Honestly I don’t want anything larger than 33” but I do want a true 33”. Agile explained in depth the sensors so forth and so on to me how they work, what happens if you just run a bigger wheel tires combo so forth and so on.

In the end I was left feeling like “man I guess I’m just gonna have to love with the 265/75/16. But you know I’ll just hate my van as when I get a idea in my head I just gotta follow through. So I guess I’ll do some kind of lift, the flaps and not go over the 275/70/17 or whatever. Agile suggested to me this size really does look nice on the vehicle.

The other option is just say goodby to adaptive cruise and navigation. But you know that seems stupid being I payed big bucks to have it and they are both very nice features.

Somfor the mot part I’m back to being bummed!

We have a fender trimming kit coming soon to make the trimming easier and to re-attach the mud flaps. Cut the wheel archs and properly re-attach the mud flaps so it looks stock to the untrained eye. If you don't have cruise control with distronic and GPS you can make 35s fit with our lift kit and trimming.

Click here - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0871/7220/files/4063-INST-V1.0.pdf?220

:cheers:

John E

I don't think the dealers have as much insight as the select individuals here that already have experienced these issues. You will likely have to live with the advice the techs give you, or, inform them otherwise, and hope whatever you do will maintain your warranty. I don't envy your position. Good luck and definitely keep us posted.

Top Bottom