RV & Conversion area breakdown

Zach Woods

Howdy Seek -

As always, thanks for your efforts on this! Badly needed and already the traffic at the site shows that many others agree that you're doing a great job!

After having visited BMWLT and poking around here at Sprinter-Forum.com I have re-thought the Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions section. Not a lot of changes to my last suggestion on SprinterVan but still important to make this section "just right". I have not received any feedback from others so I am taking that to mean that they like what I've been suggesting/ done so far. I welcome folks suggestions and comments and hope that we can include any that come along.

Here goes:

Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions - Title for area looks great as is

1 General Sprinter-based RV & Conversion Info - let's use this to include home-built & conversion vans

1 Sprinter-based RV Brands - can we list the next level down sub-forums under this as you did for Accessories, Gadgets, & Gear? (this would neaten up/ streamline the home/ forum menu page)

2 Airstream

3 Sprinter Westfalia

3 Interstate

3 Parkway

2 Roadtrek

2 Pleasure-Way

2 Winnebago / Itasca

3 Itasca Navion

3 Winnebago View

2 Sportsmobile

3 RB / EB

3 Class C

2 Forest River

2 Great West Vans

2 Gulfstream

3 Vista Cruiser MB

3 Vista Cruiser Mini

2 Leisure Travel Vans

3 Free Spirit

3 Freedom II Serenity

2 Van Specialities

2 Xplorer Motor Homes

2 Road Bear RV

2 VanCamper.com

Writeups - I see now that you want something one line long (but I can post the longer writeup in the forum). You can find my one-liners following the ** after the longer writeups

Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions – Please post any and all
questions, answers, and information relating to Daimler-Chrysler
Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions in these categories. Do not post
general Sprinter info here but instead find the correct category
outside of Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions for your message (ie if
your information has to do with something on your Road Bear RV that
also exists on most every other Sprinter it does not belong in any
of the Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions categories). Please look
for a sub-category that is correct for your question, answer, or
info (ie if you have a question about Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Mini's please post in that sub-category).
** Questions, answers, & information relating to Daimler-Chrysler Sprinter-based RV's & Conversions

General Sprinter-based RV & Conversion Info – Please post any and
all questions, answers, and information relating to Daimler-Chrysler
Sprinter-based RV's, Conversions & Home-builts in this category. In other words, if it doesn't logically fit in any other category but it still has
to do with Sprinter-based RV's, Conversions, & Home-builts (a great new
refrigerator design, for example) it should be posted here.
** Subforums: Airstream, Roadtrek, Pleasure-Way, Winnebago / Itasca, Sportsmobile, Forest River, Great West Vans, Gulfstream, Leisure Travel Vans, Van Specialities, Xplorer Motor Homes, Road Bear RV, VanCamper.com

"Brand X" – Only "Brand X" related questions, answers, and
information about "Brand X" RV's should appear here. Please make
sure any posts to this category have to do with "Brand X" specific
information (ie if your post has to do with something found on most
Sprinters or not specifically added by "Brand X" it should be posted
in another category).
** Post questions, answers, and information about "Brand X" RV's here

sikwan

06 Tin Can
2 Airstream

3 Sprinter Westfalia

3 Interstate

3 Parkway
Hi Zach:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll just use Airstream as an example. A few questions...

1. Currently, Airstream has a "sticky." Will that sticky be the same for every subgroup and be placed within each subgroup, or will that sticky be deleted and replaced with a single different specific sticky?

If we go for subgroups, the forum "Airstream" becomes a title and will not be postable, except within its subgroup. If we revert back to placing all subject matter into a forum "Airstream," each subgroup sticky will have to be combined.

2. Can the 3 subgroups be grouped all under an "Airstream" forum?

ie., Rather than having "radio" and "dvd player" as a subgroup to "electronics," any topics relating to radio and dvd players will be found in the forum "electronics."

What if one subgroup gets more posts than another? I feel (and I could be wrong), that the subgroups should be combined, but otoh the smaller infrequent questions could get lost in a generalized forum. Hmmm...

Comments?

I was thinking of the 29th of September as a deadline for more feedback before we move on this. Or shall we go earlier or later? If this is okay, I'm thinking of making the changes close to midnight or whenever the non-peak time is.

One thing is for sure. It's easier to transfer threads from subgroups all into a generalized forum than it is the other way around going through thread by thread separating them into separate subgroups.

Thanks,
Seek

Zach Woods

Howdy Seek -

Let me try to work thru your example. Look for my ** text.

1. Currently, Airstream has a "sticky." Will that sticky be the same for every subgroup and be placed within each subgroup, or will that sticky be deleted and replaced with a single different specific sticky?

If we go for subgroups, the forum "Airstream" becomes a title and will not be postable, except within its subgroup. If we revert back to placing all subject matter into a forum "Airstream," each subgroup sticky will have to be combined.

** I am willing to go either way on this. My preference is to have the subcategories (reasons: many of these models are very different, ie an Airstream Interstate has very little in common w/ an Airstream Westfalia - except for the basic Sprinter stuff that should/ will be posted elsewhere - and most Interstate owners will only be slightly curious about Westfalia info - but it is possible that this is more true of some brands/ models than others, & as the vehicles become more rare - ie Airstream stops importing the Westfalia or starts to import the 2007 design Westfalia - the owners of the previous/ discontinued model need more support/ have more trouble finding info).

** If we go with sub-models under brands (ie Westfalia, Interstate, & Parkway under Airstream) then there would be similar but different (likely they would both have airstream.com links but then each sticky would likely differ from there) stickies for each brand.

2. Can the 3 subgroups be grouped all under an "Airstream" forum?

ie., Rather than having "radio" and "dvd player" as a subgroup to "electronics," any topics relating to radio and dvd players will be found in the forum "electronics."

What if one subgroup gets more posts than another? I feel (and I could be wrong), that the subgroups should be combined, but otoh the smaller infrequent questions could get lost in a generalized forum. Hmmm...

** answered above

Comments?

I was thinking of the 29th of September as a deadline for more feedback before we move on this. Or shall we go earlier or later? If this is okay, I'm thinking of making the changes close to midnight or whenever the non-peak time is.

** 29th of September it is.

One thing is for sure. It's easier to transfer threads from subgroups all into a generalized forum than it is the other way around going through thread by thread separating them into separate subgroups.

** I agree with your assessment of what is easier but I still see enthusiasts of the lesser used brand/model benefitting greatly from the archive of messages being in it's own sub-forum.

** Any other ideas from users of Sprinter-Forum.com?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Zach:

I was just thinking while out driving to pick up lunch, I think I'll separate everything, as you have listed, to their separate subgroups.

I'll make the 29th to change it back to a condensed version.

It would be easier to make the changes now than later. It's easier to dump everything (threads) in a single bucket than to fish out every thread and place them into their own subgroups.

I'll get that done soon before everyone starts posting.

Thanks,
Seek

Zach Woods

Howdy Seek -

Great job on the updates to the RV & Conversion area! You have put together the most useful Sprinter RV Discussion area on the web! And in connection with general Sprinter info this will attract many folks.

I have a couple of small edit requests and questions that I will send along in a separate email.

Kudos! Great work! Thanks!

Zach

all roads

what type of battery isolator is best for 2 battery bank ?

2007 170w/b 76 in roof diy rv conversion.
anyother info is welcome.

thanks ~ a roads

Last edited:

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
All Roads: I suggest that you use search and read the thread that you are posting to. This thread has to do with the organizational structure of the forum.

Top Bottom