Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > The Competition

The Competition Discussion of other vehicles similar to the Sprinter; Transit, Promaster, etc.
SubForum: Write-Ups

Old 01-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
Forfreedom

Default Cargo Vans with crew seat

Which cargo vans have an available crew bench/seats behind the main 2 seats? For a total of 4-5 or I suppose 6 if the front was a bench. I like the Nissan van but seems small in back for a bench. Thanks for any info
Forfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:30 PM   #2
KLF

Default Re: Cargo Vans with crew seat

Something like this?

This is my VW. There are many like it but this one is mine. 2005 T5 Transporter 5-seater.

Picture from the original online ad, car hasn't been that clean ever in my posession.
I took the 5th seat out, left the double seat in the back. Makes it easier to access rear part.
LWB model, so there is about 2m space behind the seats, ie. long enough even for a bed.

I have added swivel seat to the passenger front few weeks ago and I'm still wondering what kind of a table I'll put in. For me this is a combined cargo, mobile office and work van, depends on the day. It is low, which means it fits in all car parks and garages etc.

Here's a aftermarket conversion of a sprinter.

These are rather common around here, crew seats from 2 to 8 people, a small bed for two and a microwave/cooktop so it can be classified as an RV (it's a tax evasion thing here ). Rules were recently changed so there has to be more rv like elements now.
KLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:55 PM   #3
T town

Ford has a crew van but no one has seen a production unit yet. Only prototypes. Delivery of customer units is expected within a week to a month.
T town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by T town View Post
Ford has a crew van but no one has seen a production unit yet. Only prototypes. Delivery of customer units is expected within a week to a month.
Over on the ford transit usa forum, there is a dealer who has delivered at least one to a customer.

They are still as rare as hens teeth though.

My perception from following the Transit delivery discussions though is that it isn't so much a matter of capability as it is capacity. The delivery companies are coming in and buying out months of factory capacity at a time.

https://wirlnet-inc.square.site
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:07 AM   #5
T town

I read that too. Apparently Ford gets all the money as it’s a direct corporate sale and the dealer gets only set up money to make the van customer ready. Remove plastic protectors, change computers from delivery mode, that sort of thing.
The dealers get no profit from the sale. Maybe it works the same at Mercedes.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #6
T town

I don’t include links too often so let’s see if this works.
This is a post by a guy who works with a dealer in Kansas City 25 miles from the factory. He knows his stuff backwards and forwards and is everybody’s best connection for Transit info. I referred to this situation in the post above.

https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/...-happen.79197/