Diesel additives.

Goran

So I wrote a post before how I use to let my new sprinter run while I slept in it in the beginning when I started hauling stuff. Anyway the car still runs great no problems. Stopped letting it run but I am afraid that I didn't do any permanent damage to it. So I read a bunch of opinions on here about additives to clean the engine. Some people said it works some said its snake oil. Anyway I decided to try it. And I think it does something. At the very least way better gas millage. I'm getting 4 miles more per gallon than normal and I'm loaded in the back with 2100lbs.took some pictures of the gas milage in getting and the stuff I put in it.

Attachments

65C02

IMHO - Power Services produces some great products. They claim safe for all diesels. I use the silver in the summer and white in the winter for my other diesels. Two reasons I use it. One is it increases lubricity, which is of particular importance when you run Bio Diesel (I've run up to B20 in my other vehicles - with some stories to boot ) Lubricity saves your injector pump. 2ndly, As a long time diesel owner (fan?) , my feeling is the higher the cetane the better. When I spot a 45 pump - you pretty much know it will be smooth, quiet running tankful. PS increases cetane. The winter white keeps you from gelling - you should have anti-gel in your local fuel already - but...I doubt they put it in in warm climates - so if you travel - put in the white. The 911 product is handy if you gel up. Walmart carries their products.

Not sure about your mileage increase - can't vouch for that as a PS effect yet. As far as hurting something because of your previous idling, as long as your regen is going to zero - drive it like you stole it, or work for ups, fedex or dhl etc. Like any forum, reading too much here will have you hiding under your bed sheets afraid of your own dog. :2cents:

Goran

IMHO - Power Services produces some great products. They claim safe for all diesels. I use the silver in the summer and white in the winter for my other diesels. Two reasons I use it. One is it increases lubricity, which is of particular importance when you run Bio Diesel (I've run up to B20 in my other vehicles - with some stories to boot ) Lubricity saves your injector pump. 2ndly, As a long time diesel owner (fan?) , my feeling is the higher the cetane the better. When I spot a 45 pump - you pretty much know it will be smooth, quiet running tankful. PS increases cetane. The winter white keeps you from gelling - you should have anti-gel in your local fuel already - but...I doubt they put it in in warm climates - so if you travel - put in the white. The 911 product is handy if you gel up. Walmart carries their products.

Not sure about your mileage increase - can't vouch for that as a PS effect yet. As far as hurting something because of your previous idling, as long as your regen is going to zero - drive it like you stole it, or work for ups, fedex or dhl etc. Like any forum, reading too much here will have you hiding under your bed sheets afraid of your own dog. :2cents:
I have the white one also. They didn't have the white one where I first stopped. It convinced me pretty quick. I'm getting 3 miles better a gallon. And as I drive at least 300 miles a day it adds up. I'll try the white one on my next fill up today. Wanted to wait a Coulee fill ups between the two just so they aren't combined.

65C02

Power Services says no problems with mixing their products. If I recall correctly, the white does not raise the cetane as much as the silver. Their website has a nice collection of info on fuels including bio-diesel etc. as well as recommended dosages. I buy the large jugs - and transfer to smaller containers that I keep in the vehicles and pour right into the filler neck. I've used those Sigg style fuel bottles as well as the metal lubri-moly cans. I guess you could also buy a few 16oz and refill from jugs. Definitely cheaper the larger you go - and with your 300+ usage it adds up quick.

Power Services says no problems with mixing their products. ...
They also say not to run Power Service Diesel Fuel Conditioner with antigel (white jug) during warm(er) temperatures. I recall the comment being that it won't harm anything, but the silver jug formula is the better choice in warm ambient temperatures.

FWIW. I run the PS white jug stuff during winter months. I don't use any regular additives during warm months. I do dose with a can of BG245 periodically.

I have not noticed any dramatic mpg increase any time that I have used an additive.

:2cents: vic

Last edited:

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Over the past 5 years I have been adding PS Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner and Bio Kleen Diesel Fuel Biocide whenever I know I am going to park my Unity Sprinter for longer than 3 months (https://powerservice.com/psp_product/clear-diesel-fuel-tank-cleaner/). I don't know if it helps but I haven't had any fuel issues in my ownership and the engine starts right up on the first turn of the key after it's been sitting, sometimes as long as 6 months.

Last edited:

Top Bottom