rust

Mickyfin

I'm sure Google can help, and it depends on the rust, surface rust? Holed? Always best to remove all rust and sad down to bare metal, treat with rust inhibitor and then prime, sand, paint, etc.

lindenengineering

Just get new ones.
Plenty on eBay from mini bus/fridge van/security van/ice cream van conversion companies
The best bit of advise yet, and brought to you by Ed463 who comes from the country of budding latter day "Michelangelos", Anglo Saxon masters of the body /chassis bodge!:laughing:
Honed to sculptured perfection no less, by decades of the fiberglass & "Bondaglass" bodges Exacted on Luton & Torino oxidizers (not to mention the rest) outside almost every dwelling on a Sunday morning, then painted by exact match Duplicolour from the corner auto parts store.
Some say the population dwindled in that hallowed isle by guys not spending enough time with their significant others but rather wasting precious time, dusting the front garden & driveway with a patina of fiberglass dust and annoying neighbours in the council house estate .
Its said that the only time the lawn mowers stopped on a Sunday morning was when in September 1939 war was announce, but since then the Sunday morning dawn chorus is always accompanied by the sound of Black & Decker grinders and polishers previously purchased with the family budget from Halfrauds .:rolleyes:

Sadly in most cases in the end upon presentation, the whole thing wrecked by the MOT man who failed the bloody thing with his "vandalism of a toffee hammer tap" on the the struct--rul bits mate!:thumbdown:
Or when he stepped into the car his feet fell through the bloody floor like a Fred Flint stone car--- Yabba Dabbah Do!
It then failed with a red 'un and with it lost dreams of instant resurrection and hansom trade in for a B/L Gauntlet certified used car--also bodged up --but less so!..

Yanks have nothing on Brits even in places like Cleveland & Chicago--(the mid west ) ! Upth north in Manchester & Liverpool where it pi$$es down every day, and where the kids that do arrive after 9 months expectation pop out with webbed feet! I kid you not!:lol:
Add that to the generous use of salt on the road means everything is succumbed to the effects of tin worm!
Your new door fitted few years earlier falls off that the hinge pillar !

The wiser perhaps more experienced learned to weld at night classes and cut the bad bits out or simply replaced the part then daubing it with a quick splash of household paint by Brolack which yer dad had bought from Woolworths and was in the garden shed.
Brolack Peacock Blue was MY perennial favorite, as he (dad) had 5 gallons of it which "fell of a truck"!
Dennis

Crosscut

The best bit of advise yet, and brought to you by Ed463 who comes from the country of budding latter day "Michelangelos", Anglo Saxon masters of the body /chassis bodge!:laughing:
Honed to sculptured perfection no less, by decades of the fiberglass & "Bondaglass" bodges Exacted on Luton & Torino oxidizers (not to mention the rest) outside almost every dwelling on a Sunday morning, then painted by exact match Duplicolour from the corner auto parts store.
Some say the population dwindled in that hallowed isle by guys not spending enough time with their significant others but rather wasting precious time, dusting the front garden & driveway with a patina of fiberglass dust and annoying neighbours in the council house estate .
Its said that the only time the lawn mowers stopped on a Sunday morning was when in September 1939 war was announce, but since then the Sunday morning dawn chorus is always accompanied by the sound of Black & Decker grinders and polishers previously purchased with the family budget from Halfrauds .:rolleyes:

Sadly in most cases in the end upon presentation, the whole thing wrecked by the MOT man who failed the bloody thing with his "vandalism of a toffee hammer tap" on the the struct--rul bits mate!:thumbdown:
Or when he stepped into the car his feet fell through the bloody floor like a Fred Flint stone car--- Yabba Dabbah Do!
It then failed with a red 'un and with it lost dreams of instant resurrection and hansom trade in for a B/L Gauntlet certified used car--also bodged up --but less so!..

Yanks have nothing on Brits even in places like Cleveland & Chicago--(the mid west ) ! Upth north in Manchester & Liverpool where it pi$$es down every day, and where the kids that do arrive after 9 months expectation pop out with webbed feet! I kid you not!:lol:
Add that to the generous use of salt on the road means everything is succumbed to the effects of tin worm!

The wiser perhaps more experienced learned to weld at night classes and cut the bad bits out or simply replaced the part then daubing it with a quick splash of household paint by Brolack which yer dad had bought from Woolworths and was in the garden shed.
Brolack Peacock Blue was MY perennial favorite, as he (dad) had 5 gallons of it which "fell of a truck"!
Dennis
This is all true.....

Ed463

Dennis
I just drive 2,000 miles south to do any body work:thumbup:
I'm not making that up:bounce:
Despite going to night class I still can't weld to save my life though:idunno:

lindenengineering

Ed but, just asking !

2000 miles down "sahf" I bet they don't have Brolack Peacock Blue household enamel?

My brother inherited that 5 gallon tub from our Dad and if you need some, I bet you could scrounge a gallon of it from him! :bounce:
:cheers:Dennis

Ed463

Ed but, just asking !

2000 miles down "sahf" I bet they don't have Brolack Peacock Blue household enamel?

My brother inherited that 5 gallon tub from our Dad and if you need some, I bet you could scrounge a gallon of it from him! :bounce:
:cheers:Dennis
They have acrylic paint which seem to be 90% water:thinking:
Joking apart I'm quite impressed with POR15. I've just removed all the side trims and treated/painted everything with it and sealed all the trim holes with Sikoflex

Top Bottom