Saying hello...

hutchlake

Lucky enough to find a brand new 2018 4x4. Found it in Orlando and drove it home to Massachusetts...It didn't stay stock for too long. Extensive Van Compass upgrades...They have transformed it into a very comfortable tight vehicle....did stage 6 lift, full skid plates, winch and bumper, rocker guards method 301's w/285-70 17 and new sound system. I'm loving it...

Attachments

OffroadHamster

I dont see many black vans. EVIL. Like the looks of the VC kit with the 33's as opposed to the 35's too, good stance and proportion. Do you have plans for the interior or are you keeping it stock?

ENMeyer

Black 4x4 van in Orlando must have been shipped by mistake to the wrong part of the country! Great looking van!

Last edited:

hutchlake

I do a lot of bike racing...I plan to have a table built in back so I can put bikes on it and the dogs can still get under it...not sure what else. I have already gone thru most of rear and tried to quiet all the dam rattles...IT WAS BAD. I hate rattles...I have made it a ton better, but I used thick foam...while its doing trick, I fear if it gets wet that's NO GOOD...I see some guys use 3M thinsulate and like it...so I may pull panels again and do it "right".

Last truck was a Crew cab long bed duramax on 35's...I wanted something not as tall this time...

This truck was originally in MB of Miami...which is crazy, they could not get rid of it, so It ended up at MB of Orlando...I just happened across it and bought it that day...my salesman said he had over 40 calls on it after I bought it...said it was crazy....

any insight on insulating for heat/AC and noise I'm all eyes...

Thanks

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I used a lot of sound deadener in mine then glued SM600 thinsulate (contact Heim for it) on top of it... in the hard to reach areas I stuffed loose batt hydrophobic poly fill (for quilts & stuffed animals) pulled up my floor and used a 1/4” foam under it and under the driver/passenger floorboards..
lots of sound comes from the floor, wheels and lower part of the walls...
I have L track in mine, makes mounting/securing things very easy...

Top Bottom