10 months of travels

RVCuisineScene

Picked-up my new 3500 4X4 last Jan since then 18K miles and these NationalParks.jpg, (Kenai Fords and Denali were visited via an airplane ride to AK)
MIA are Walt Disney World, New York City, Jackson Hole WY, Zion NP, Glen Canyon, Canyon of the Ancients and Navajo National Monuments.

Last edited:

glasseye

Definitely seeing the greatest hits. Congrats!
You're missing Death Valley, though. Good time to go right now! :rad:

GaryJ

Here since 2006
^^^ What Glasseye says. Here right now and days are low 70’s, sunny, calm; nights low 50’s, just above the valley floor. Pretty much been like that for the last 3-1/2 weeks. Milky Way lighting the night sky now...

Gary

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
been to all of those and more... except Acadia (nxt Summer for that)
Capitol Reef was the BEST in Ut IMHO, Hwy 12 should be a Ntl Park in itself !!!
Capitol Reef is the least crowded, 1st come, 1st served type camping and has everything all the other Ut Ntl Parks have except the crowds..
Zion is a shoulder to shoulder zoo, like the Grand Canyon... the Kolob Reservoir Rd thru Zion is a very cool drive and I camped at the Reservoir and had the entire lake to myself... of course it was Nov and there was a bit of snow on the ground, you can even drive to the highest point in Zion from it..

ENMeyer

Curious if you drove much into the Canyon of the Ancients? I've gone in the south entrance about 2 miles, and one of the north entrances about 1 mile, but it looks like a neat area to explore. I'm through Pagosa Spgs once per month on my way to the Cortez area.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
no, haven’t explored much of Co..... but I’ve been to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison... talk about a STEEP drive down to the river !!!!
drove from there on 50/550 to 62 then 145, thru Telluride and down to Mesa Verde...

ENMeyer

@aksotar - someday, I'll do that drive down to the BC of the Gunny.

My question about Cyn of the Ancients, though, was for RVCuisineScene, though! Sorry - I should have quoted him.

RVCuisineScene

ENMeyer, I used the entrance which is to the south west of Cortez, took the road next to the airport and drove about 10 miles west to the parking lot, spent a night there as well. There are no roads leading into the monument from that parking lot, just trails which made for excellent mt biking. On a side note one of my favorite developed UT camping sites is Kodachrome SP, here is a link to a video I shot there, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMXxB_NbGg4

Top Bottom