Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:40 AM   #11
Wrinkledpants

Default Re: Graphite Grey Paint Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDC View Post
I have posted this exact thing a couple of other times and am currently working with my dealer to have the van repainted under warranty. Letís all make sure to keep everyone updated on our individual experiences.

I was instructed to take the van to a Mercedes-Benz certified body shop in the Denver area. Their verdict was that this was a factory issue and not an attempt by the local dealer to mask something they did before I took delivery. After two trips and multiple phone calls, my understanding is that they have provided a quote for repainting a few sections of the van (hood, driver door area, and entire driver rear panel). I was told that they can see signs of debris under the paint. Their theory is that the MB QA noted this and they tried to address.

I will be calling the service manager on Monday because he has yet to call me and the body shop wouldnít tell me when he got the quote.

Sano, youíve made the same argument about the impacted value of the van when Iíve posted my issue before. How does the squeaky wheel get the grease in terms of proper compensation?
Which body shop did they recommend?
Old 10-20-2019, 01:56 AM   #12
kfo

Anyone have updates on this? I’ve discovered about 5 more spots. I don’t want to repaint particularly, but I am interested in diminished value talk. Perhaps I should contact an attorney?
kfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:29 AM   #13
sanomechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfo View Post
Anyone have updates on this? Iíve discovered about 5 more spots. I donít want to repaint particularly, but I am interested in diminished value talk. Perhaps I should contact an attorney?
If you find enough people having issues you can easily find an attorney to file a class action suit since MB has deep pockets
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:47 AM   #14
BigDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfo View Post
Anyone have updates on this? Iíve discovered about 5 more spots. I donít want to repaint particularly, but I am interested in diminished value talk. Perhaps I should contact an attorney?
Wow, you have this and the diesel issue from the other thread. I would be highly inclined to take the van back to the dealer and make them take it back.

I still have no word from MB on the status of my paint claim. Took 4 weeks to get a quote. Called body shop for a third time asking there the quote was. They told me they sent it to the dealer about a week prior and that they could not share with me. Dealer has said they had submitted to MB USA.

Iíll give them until mid week until I reapply pressure. I donít have time for this crap.
BigDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDC For This Useful Post:
kfo (10-20-2019)