BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

Terra wagen

Yes, I had them installed day 1 on my 2015. I've been using them on my G-wagen also. They're not the least expensive tire, but they do very well off-road.

On the sprinter, they look very aggressive, initially when brand new you will notice a fair amount of tread flex, after a few weeks I stopped noticing it. The noise level on certain pavements is a bit louder than the stock Kuhmo tires, but definitely not droning or a constant hum.
I went with the stock tire size to avoid any issues with the warranty. 245-75-16

My G-wagen is on it's second set of these, the current set has over 20k and is at 50% tread remaining. They do have a tendency to pick up gravel with the deep grooves and throw it at speed.

Great tire in my opinion.

CheckMax

Thanks
I saw your photo your the flare thread.
What kind of fuel economy have you been seeing?
One cnsistent comment that pops up elsewhere is wet traction could be better.
have you found that to be the case?

Sprinter4WD

Wow those tires look great! I have run those BF Goodrich MT tires on my pickup in the past and they have great traction. On my pickup they got a lot noisier during the last 25% of tread life for some reason.

I'm planning to run the Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar on my Sprinter 4WD when it arrives. I plan to use the stock size just the same as you are - it avoids the probability of rubbing the body with the tires and will allow me to run tire chains if I get in extreme weather.
My wife currently has the Goodyear MT/R's on her H2 Hummer and the noise is acceptable.

superdosser

I've had an assortment of all and muds on various cars and trucks (no sprinters). The BFG mud is a great tire for mud and dirt - but with virtually no siping the wet/snow performance is marginal. Death Valley love them. Mountains - not so much.

err

I've owned a few sets of BFG MT's and driven them extensively in the wet, snow, ice and offroad in challenging mud, rock, abd sand conditions. I've also had the good fortune to do this back to back with BFG AT's and Good Year Duratracs. The MT's are just plain awesome in mud and loose dirt and provide extreme durability against sharp rock (running trails in Moab). On the other hand in the wet they are floaty and loose and generally lack bite without siping. The MT's are also a bit heavier and have notably more rolling resistance. With the torque of the Sprinter it's not going to be a huge deal but will cost a little fuel economy.

The BFG AT's improve markedly over the MT's in the wet, snow, and ice at the expense of mud performance. The achilies heal of the AT's is the rapidly deteriorating performance past 50% worn.

Finally, the Duratracs beat both the AT's and the MT's in wet, snow and ice and maintain exceptional traction well past 75% worn. In mud conditions they are a bit better than the AT's but not up to par with the MT's. The Duratracs do then to wear close to the pace of an MT lasting roughly 40-50k miles depending on how you drive. The AT's will commonly go 60-70k but the rubber is so hard past 50% worn that they don't perform near to the level that their tread depth would suggest.

Both the AT's and the Duratracs carry the snowflake extreme weather rating. The MT's do not.

V37

V37
A related question,...what is the tallest tire that can go on the Sprinter 6.5J x 16 light alloy wheels?

err

I haven't seen anyone running anything bigger than a 265/75-16 on a 2wd. Not certain what might fit on a factory 4x4. Some of the Euro conversions have been modded to suit 33's and even 35's

SB4x4Sprinter

Does anyone have any pictures of a 265/75-16 on their van? I have a new 2016 4 x 4 and would like to go to this size with the Goodrich AT KO2
stock tire is a 245/75-16 and the OD is 30", the 265/75 is 31.6" OD with a similar tire width.

SB4x4Sprinter

Thanks, they look nice!
Is changing the rims necessary for the larger size? the stock rims are 6.5's and we ordered the black steel rims with the van.

SB4x4Sprinter

Well here are my tires, Goodrich TA KO2 265-75 16, 6 !/2" rims. Love the look and the way the van drives!:thumb up:
not the best picture, I'll post more tomorrow

Attachments

Top Bottom