Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:36 PM   #11
kitebeard

Default Re: VS30 Relocating AUX Battery from passenger seat to install D2 heater

I appreciate all of the information in this thread as I am in this same boat. Aux battery under the passenger seat. I have a crew with a 2nd row seat moved back and am thinking about installing the D2 under the 2nd row bench seat against the drivers side wall, just in front of the rear wheel well. The intake and exhaust will come through the floor just on the outside of the fuel tank. My problem is that I upgraded the floor that is about an 1" thick (plywood subfloor 3/4" and top laminate 1/4"). I am planning to cut the flooring to accommodate the D2 intake and exhaust but I will have to position it on a high point in the metal van floor so that the D2 base/gasket can sit flush with the metal floor. Unless anyone else has a workaround in this? My concern is sealing up these holes to avoid water from getting in. I have seen people use manifold sealant to help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
kitebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:49 PM   #12
hein
Van Guru

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,099 Posts
Default Re: VS30 Relocating AUX Battery from passenger seat to install D2 heater

Here is what I did.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...&postcount=191

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098
Old 02-05-2020, 02:10 AM   #13
kitebeard

Thanks for all the tips guys. I ended up placing mine in front of the passenger wheel well. I have everything hooked up and everything is working as it should except I am not getting the fuel supply to start the heater. I have a ton of air in the fuel line. I have double checked all of my connections and fitting to make sure they are tight. I am wondering if I am using the correct fitting to attach to the aux fuel line. It seems very loose as it is connected to the aux line. I am using the connector that I have seen on a number of posts and videos. I am wondering if the VS30 connector is different. Attach are photos of my system as well as the connector that i am using. Again, the quick connect clicks on but there seems like alot of play in the connector. For as sensitive these heaters are to air leaks etc this seems like it could be the culprit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
kitebeard is offline   Reply With Quote