Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #11
dynaco1
 
dynaco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: On the Oregon Trail
Posts: 970
Thanks: 601
Thanked 377 Times in 233 Posts
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

I did the same thing: added a 6 AWG cable to the last stud in this box. Rather than placing the fuse box, I added a surface-mounted breaker to the outside of seat base with VHB tape. I grounded my circuit on the large bolt head holding the seat base to the floor. I ran both red and black cables up/down the driver side B pillar and terminated them onto a Blue Sea fuse box sitting on top of the Vancillary cab shelf.

Last edited by dynaco1; 09-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.
dynaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
KippyDoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 12
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Heh Heh - so, say if someone might of unplugged their passenger seat electrical clips before remembering to disconnect the battery and has a malfunction message now even though it's plugged back in. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but how do you clear this? Have to visit someone with a scan gauge?
KippyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #13
Notfamous
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 39
Thanks: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

The software for the 2019 is not available for any scan tools. You will need to go to a dealership to have it cleared.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Notfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Notfamous For This Useful Post:
KippyDoo (10-16-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #14
autostaretx
Erratic Member
 
autostaretx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 18,247
Thanks: 3,186
Thanked 8,359 Times in 6,069 Posts
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

My "labeled photo" back in posting #4 is a bit incorrect.

Another thread, plus access to the VS30's fuse allocation book allowed me to correct it.
Here's the updated version:



--dick
__________________
2005 T1N 118" Freightliner 2500 Passenger Wagon (2.7L, 15" tires, standard (short) roof)
Get YOUR Sprinter's full configuration datacard by entering your VIN to https://www.datamb.com/
http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference <-- lots of service documentation, Thanks to Jens Moller and Arnie_Oli
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))

Last edited by autostaretx; 10-15-2019 at 05:14 PM.
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #15
autostaretx
Erratic Member
 
autostaretx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 18,247
Thanks: 3,186
Thanked 8,359 Times in 6,069 Posts
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KippyDoo View Post
Heh Heh - so, say if someone might of unplugged their passenger seat electrical clips before remembering to disconnect the battery and has a malfunction message now even though it's plugged back in. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but how do you clear this? Have to visit someone with a scan gauge?
There are other threads on this ... assuming you're talking about the seat belt system and the "SRS" (supplemental restraint system") warning.

Sometimes the tally light will go out after a few starts ...
There are (surprisingly expensive: $230) boxes that claim to *only* clear this on multiple cars. They're not scanners, they simply emit the "clear SRS" commands.

Some of the $250 scanners can clear it on the NCV3 (Autel 808, if i recall correctly), but the group has little experience (yet) with the VS30 in this respect. The 808 does NOT claim to handle the VS30 (in fact, Autel says that it currently does not).

If you're using the dealer network to perform Service A or Service B, you might ask them to clear it then. MB's corporate policies may require that they treat it as a true "possible fault" and perform more diagnostics (read: bill an $$ hour) than you think necessary, but they'd be covering their butts in case there really was an unknown fault in the belt/squib system.

If you intend to work under the seat at all frequently, it might help to spend a (very few) $$ to buy a "jumper socket" that appears to be the seat belt to the rest of the system (it's a 2 to 5 ohm resistor that bridges the pins)... or really follow the advice of "Step 1: Disconnect Battery" for all work.

--dick
__________________
2005 T1N 118" Freightliner 2500 Passenger Wagon (2.7L, 15" tires, standard (short) roof)
Get YOUR Sprinter's full configuration datacard by entering your VIN to https://www.datamb.com/
http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference <-- lots of service documentation, Thanks to Jens Moller and Arnie_Oli
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autostaretx For This Useful Post:
KippyDoo (10-16-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #16
Cheyenne
UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
 
Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 3,257
Thanks: 155
Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,404 Posts
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KippyDoo View Post
Heh Heh - so, say if someone might of unplugged their passenger seat electrical clips before remembering to disconnect the battery and has a malfunction message now even though it's plugged back in. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but how do you clear this? Have to visit someone with a scan gauge?
What is your location? It helps to add vehicle and location to your signature to save typing every in every post.

Someone nearby may have a scanner they would be prepared to try for you. MB has tended to use the same protocol for many years so an NCV3 profile may work on a VS30.

Keith.
__________________
2004 UK Spec 313CDi (OM611 2.2 litre 4 Cylinder Manual Non-ABS)
Auto-Trail 'Cheyenne' Coachbuilt Motorhome
36,000 miles from New

Sprinter reference info site http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyenne For This Useful Post:
KippyDoo (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #17
KippyDoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 12
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
What is your location? It helps to add vehicle and location to your signature to save typing every in every post.

Someone nearby may have a scanner they would be prepared to try for you. MB has tended to use the same protocol for many years so an NCV3 profile may work on a VS30.

Keith.
Thanks! I'm a noob here, will get caught up :) I'm Portland, OR.
KippyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #18
KippyDoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 12
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
There are other threads on this ... assuming you're talking about the seat belt system and the "SRS" (supplemental restraint system") warning.

Sometimes the tally light will go out after a few starts ...
There are (surprisingly expensive: $230) boxes that claim to *only* clear this on multiple cars. They're not scanners, they simply emit the "clear SRS" commands.

Some of the $250 scanners can clear it on the NCV3 (Autel 808, if i recall correctly), but the group has little experience (yet) with the VS30 in this respect. The 808 does NOT claim to handle the VS30 (in fact, Autel says that it currently does not).

If you're using the dealer network to perform Service A or Service B, you might ask them to clear it then. MB's corporate policies may require that they treat it as a true "possible fault" and perform more diagnostics (read: bill an $$ hour) than you think necessary, but they'd be covering their butts in case there really was an unknown fault in the belt/squib system.

If you intend to work under the seat at all frequently, it might help to spend a (very few) $$ to buy a "jumper socket" that appears to be the seat belt to the rest of the system (it's a 2 to 5 ohm resistor that bridges the pins)... or really follow the advice of "Step 1: Disconnect Battery" for all work.

--dick
Thanks! Yeah, I followed the battery disconnect rule for the 2nd seat, and hoped being disconnected might reset the codes for the first seat I was hasty with. I may reach out to my local stealership and ask if they can just clear this code and see what comes back from them, I just shot icarsoft and email asking about compatibility of their scanner and timeframe, tried with a friends older one and no luck.
KippyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #19
KippyDoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 12
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notfamous View Post
The software for the 2019 is not available for any scan tools. You will need to go to a dealership to have it cleared.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, yeah, I tried with a friends older icarsoft scanner with no luck, shot an email to them asking when they may expect to have the 2019 added, we'll see what comes back.
KippyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:12 AM   #20
skivo
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 35
Thanks: 17
Thanked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: V30 Under driver seat pics and time for a beer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KippyDoo View Post
Thanks, yeah, I tried with a friends older icarsoft scanner with no luck, shot an email to them asking when they may expect to have the 2019 added, we'll see what comes back.
$38 bucks reset at dealer. Same happened to me.
skivo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skivo For This Useful Post:
KippyDoo (10-23-2019)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.