Electric Van Chinese-built V8070

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Just to update didn’t really get n answer
All the info i got was $1200 to $1500 depending on credit a month
I asked if leasing was only option from Ryder
Haven’t got an answer back
He asked where I lived
There still Trying to figure out everything
I want to purchase the van without Ryder
The salesmen is trying to see if that’s possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1 unknown vehicle, I would lease it and buy it out at the end of the lease if you felt it was reliable.

2 Could it be like the Sprinter introduction when only FedEx was allowed to buy them?

surlyoldbill

And thanks to the advent of electric cars, road maintenance costs are getting shifted from gas taxes to registration fees. Many expect a "pay per mile" system of vehicle registration.

At DMV:
"You expect to drive 20k miles this year? That will be $600 at 3 cents per mile to register your car. Oh, I see you exceeded your estimate of mileage last year, you will also need to pay for those miles, so another $120 please"

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
And thanks to the advent of electric cars, road maintenance costs are getting shifted from gas taxes to registration fees. Many expect a "pay per mile" system of vehicle registration.

At DMV:
"You expect to drive 20k miles this year? That will be $600 at 3 cents per mile to register your car. Oh, I see you exceeded your estimate of mileage last year, you will also need to pay for those miles, so another $120 please"
Some countries already do this. For example, New Zealand diesels. In NZ diesel can be used for farm machinery, boats, generators, etc. So diesel is not taxed at the pump. Instead Road User Charge is paid based on expected mileage. If you go over, you just buy more online. If you go under, you apply for a refund, or roll it over. A inspection at registration will reveal if you have been honest. The nice thing about this is that the tax is based on the weight/configuration of your vehicle. So big trucks pay proportionally for the damage they do to roads. For our van the RUC charges work out to about $0.45NZD per liter, or about 25-30% of the fuel cost.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Another alternative (or supplement) to fuel taxes is a tax on tires. Electric vehicles still use tires, and use them up at about the same rate as a comparable gasoline or diesel vehicle. I haven't seen that implemented yet, but I've read many discussions of it.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Another alternative (or supplement) to fuel taxes is a tax on tires. Electric vehicles still use tires, and use them up at about the same rate as a comparable gasoline or diesel vehicle. I haven't seen that implemented yet, but I've read many discussions of it.
Not unreasonable. Tires with higher load capacities could be taxed at higher rates. It's easier than going by GVWR, and doesn't require any honesty about mileage. On the other hand, it does encourage people to run their tires bald to save a few bucks, as the tax would be quite substantial.

surlyoldbill

Not unreasonable. Tires with higher load capacities could be taxed at higher rates. It's easier than going by GVWR, and doesn't require any honesty about mileage. On the other hand, it does encourage people to run their tires bald to save a few bucks, as the tax would be quite substantial.
As well as increasing tire/wheel theft exponentially. One morning I went to work and saw a neighbor's volvo wagon set up like a see-saw on stacked cinder blocks in the middle; someone stole the wheels.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
As well as increasing tire/wheel theft exponentially. One morning I went to work and saw a neighbor's volvo wagon set up like a see-saw on stacked cinder blocks in the middle; someone stole the wheels.
I did some math, and a longer life light truck tire (80 psi) could have a thousand dollars of tax value! :lol: Thats some serious incentive to get thieving.

Top Bottom