Transit I5 Diesel

But will every Ford dealer work on diesel vehicles?

Many Ford dealers do not sell or service their own line of diesel trucks today.

Ecoboost- sure.

Uncle Dave
Good point. In the less populated areas, vans are not big sellers. Will dealers in those areas be able to service the Transit 3.2 diesel? The same holds true with the Promaster Diesel. Both good diesels but I wonder about service. A lot of motorhome owners travel to places like Alaska.

jhrodd

I know this will turn into an argument. I look at the chassis cabs a lot because I'm a class c motorhome owner. I like the idea of Ford having a dealer in every town so to speak. There's a lot of talk about Mercedes being higher priced, not true with the chassis cabs. Transit CC, 178 WB, 10360 lb GVW 3.7 gas engine MSRP 30710$, add diesel option 6000$= (36710$). Sprinter CC,170 WB, 11030 lb GVW, MSRP 35,800$, add V6 diesel option 930$, (36730$). That's 20 dollars difference. Motorhome owners will not be happy with the performance or mpg with the 3.7 gas Transit. I was hoping for a less expensive chassis from Ford.
Don't forget the Ram Promaster Diesel @ $33,230 I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a heftier discount off MSRP on the Ram as well.

mojogoat

Mercedes are higher priced because they don't reduce the selling price as ford or dodge does. The big three inflate their list price and give you 20-30% discounts whereas Mercedes, Honda etc... do not.

Uncle Dave

2013 3500
Depends on the config.

Ford doesnt seem that much of a deal to me when I price out a Transit configured like my sprinter

Diesel
Dually
extended
High roof

44.5, - Ford

...and 45.4 for the Benz.

Pretty close.

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

2013 3500
Does MB ever discount their vans? Example $37,660 down to $29,000
http://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.c...e-county-7aea78690a0a00492dcf16ab13f7fc7f.htm
Ford will be discounting in the same manor soon, because they always do. You should be able toget the $44k Transit for $34-35K
A bit.

Yeah you can get an EB3.5 discounted down a good amount. No problem.

I don't think you'll get a Transit diesel dually chopped nearly a much as a gas unit.

They aren't really easy to find and seem to be special order at many ford places.

UD

mojogoat

What is a bit? The best I could find when I was shopping 2-3K off list which was a joke.

You should be able to get the same deals as the diesel pickups, once the Transits are no longer "the newest model".

surlyoldbill

I would think 10% off MSRP would be expected, and anything more than that is good. Someone mentioned Pro Rams are 15-25% off MSRP, ie a $38k van selling for less than $30k.

mojogoat

I got mine 2500 long promaster loaded for $30k. $8K off by printing a sale ad from another dealer in our state. I could probably do better today after looking at some ads out there.

Top Bottom