ATF Fluid

turbo911

i am looking to try Global Triax atf fluid. I am having a full change and a new torque converter put in. the company says superior performance for 722.6 trans. meets or exceeds oem. price is really good at $75 for 8 quarts thru amazon. anybody use this before or am i the lab rat.:cheers:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
The spec on the Triax website only says "This fluid is suitable for use for Mercedes Benz 722.0xx, 722.1xx, 722.2xx, 722.3xx, 722.4xx and 722.5xx.transmissions with non-synthetic fluids and for 722.6xx transmissions with synthetic fluid applications."

https://www.triaxlubricants.com/triax-global-full-synthetic-atf-oem-grade/

If fluid had been tested by MB then it would state 'Approved by MB' with a BEVO sheet number.

And Triax lubricants do not show on any BEVO sheet for ATF I have looked at.

Sounds like you are heading to be the lab rat!

Keith.

Lab rat.

Some questions.

What is your service? RV conversion or other typically heavily loaded Sprinter, or lighter duty personal use?

What is your anticipated OCI? If 40 - 60,000 miles, you should be ok. Why do I say that? The MB spec fluid was developed for extended miles service. The original T1N NAG1 transmission fluid interval was once only at 80,000 miles and done. We all know that once and done doesn't work, but that was the design criteria.

The MB spec fluid is basically ATFIII formulation. The earlier T1N owner manuals listed ATFIII synthetic fluid as ok.

2004ManualOilSpec01.jpg

If you are looking to save money and aren't driven by MB marketing, then you should be fine.

I have no data other than many owners use Valvoline Maxlife ATF with good results. That fluid isn't officially approved by MB BeVo either.

:2cents: vic

turbo911

thanks thats what i thought too. mine is a 2007 freightliner with 170k. i use valvoline syn engine oil. 5000 mile interval change. i have a jr tune and no dpf as the majority of my driving is in MEXICO. since i believe 50k is long enough on trans fluid i looked at lower cost replacement than the fuchs. this company seems well versed(global triax). we will see

Earp

Jake - 2008 Frieghtliner 3500 170ext Mega Roof
Could you explain why you replaced the Torque converter? I recently replaced the fluid in mine after noticing a slight RSN , a “whirling” sound in low rpms under acceleration that seems to be in tune with RPMs, and a small amount of fluid leaking from what seemed to be the pan gasket. (Found one of the pan bolts had been stripped and wasn’t tight)

Also drained the TC and installed new FUCHs fluid. After a test drive, the RSN has gone away, but I still have the very loud “whirling” noise and now there is fluid leaking at a rather alarming rate from the TC bell housing. Someone had mentioned the seals changing/hardening from the new transmission oil (change in alkalinity??) Anyways..

After some basic transmission and torque converter research online, it seems the whirling noise could be the culprit of a bad torque converter. My question to you is where did you source your TC, (I see rebuilt ones go for 3-400$) AND which seals should I be looking to replace while the transmission is out?

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
i am looking to try Global Triax atf fluid. I am having a full change and a new torque converter put in. the company says superior performance for 722.6 trans. meets or exceeds oem. price is really good at $75 for 8 quarts thru amazon. anybody use this before or am i the lab rat.:cheers:
If you're going to switch from an OEM approved fluid to something else, you really can't go wrong with Redline. Tried and true over many different trans types. Once out of warranty, I'll be switching to Redline for all of our drive fluids. I really can't see the benefit of a brand that isn't popular, especially for something like a transmission.

Re: ATF Fluid - Triax Global

Out of curiosity I did a quick Google search. BITOG had a hit so I went there.

The common comments were that if you were inclined to go for a one size fits all tranny fluid, then Valvoline Maxlife would be a less expensive similar option (at close to half the price).

As typical with forum responses there were also those who condemned it outright.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5227256/triax-global-synthetic-atf

There haven't been many... any? ... comments on Sprinter-source about Triax Global. Quite a few Sprinter owners use Valvoline Maxlife with good results.

:cheers: vic

turbo911

i replace the tc because it would go past 900 rpm doing a stall test.i also had lagging power. since fluid replacement and tc replacement i definitely can feel a difference. so far so good. one caveat i wish i had replaced the lockup solenoid on the conductor plate for good measure:laughing:

Top Bottom