Do people who watch football have low IQ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

flman

Years ago, we used to go to a bar to watch Monday night football, never saw the game or knew who won........

Some motorsports have been distilled so far down into marketable advertising commodities, that there is no actual connection between the spectators and the sport. NASCAR is an example of that. The morbidly obese tubs of $#!+ that flock to NASCAR races like lemmings to collect souvenir T-shirts, stand in line for autographs, worship their favorite celebrity driver, swill down urine-colored semi-fermented low-alcohol rice water marketed by mega-breweries as a potable liquid, and get sunburned sitting in the stands, have virtually zero actual knowledge of the sport, nor have they ever actually participated in it on any level.

flman

Some motorsports have been distilled so far down into marketable advertising commodities, that there is no actual connection between the spectators and the sport. NASCAR is an example of that. The morbidly obese tubs of $#!+ that flock to NASCAR races like lemmings to collect souvenir T-shirts, stand in line for autographs, worship their favorite celebrity driver, swill down urine-colored semi-fermented low-alcohol rice water marketed by mega-breweries as a potable liquid, and get sunburned sitting in the stands, have virtually zero actual knowledge of the sport, nor have they ever actually participated in it on any level.

Yeah, the same morons that flock to any commercialized sporting event.

You wont feel that way at a small race track. BTW, only went about 3x in 56 years. Once as a kid, and 2x with my kids.

Yeah, the same morons that flock to any commercialized sporting event.
Ernest Hemingway said "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountaineering, and motor racing. The rest are merely games."

I have zero interest in games like football, basketball, and the like.

You wont feel that way at a small race track. BTW, only went about 3x in 56 years. Once as a kid, and 2x with my kids.
I have been involved in several disciplines of motorsport. Motorcycle road racing is the one that I have been involved in the most, as an expert-licensed motorcycle road racer, a motorcycle road-racing instructor, and as a motorcycle road racing official.

We don't race on a "small" track, but lay people that show up to volunteer at our races can easily be trained and put to work as corner workers. Many people are able to volunteer to work as part of a pit crew, for both sprint and endurance races, manning fire extinguishers, pulling and hanging tire warmers, popping race stands, stuff like that.

And probably the most fun thing, is that during lunch time, we lead groups of spectators out around the track at speeds that would land them in jail if they were on public roads, during an event called a "Taste Of Racing" (or a "Taste Of Mowing", if it doesn't go well, lol).

During track days, I have also taken a passenger (in full safety gear) out on the track on the back of my Open Supersport race bike. 150 mph wheelies down the front straightaway, knee-down in the corners, and expert-level lap times. It's an experience that most people would never get any other way.

I don’t understand why you insult people. Each person has his own preferences and no one should live so that you like it. For example, I watch football myself and you can be sure that I earn several times more than you. How much do you earn per month? 1500 pounds? 2000? And I earn on (link removed) more than 5000 pounds and this is only for one game. So do not insult people and show off!

Last edited by a moderator:

flman

I don’t understand why you insult people. Each person has his own preferences and no one should live so that you like it. For example, I watch football myself and you can be sure that I earn several times more than you. How much do you earn per month? 1500 pounds? 2000? And I earn on (link removed) more than 5000 pounds and this is only for one game. So do not insult people and show off!

Are you a democrat as well? Are you okay with the thugs that play, kneeling during the national anthem?

Last edited by a moderator:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Thought this would go bye-bye, but guess not. It will soon.

Btw flman, you replied to a spammer. Thanks for flagging it. :smilewink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom