Best spot for Scangauge ( imho)

pfflyer

That same listing but the correct one came from Matek in other sellers. I just looked and they aren't listed any more. I just got it last month. The wrong one came from Assem. Amazon said the one from Assem was probably from a different supplier (in China) and that they were not trying to mislead anyone. If you are going to to install in upper center console you will need about another foot combining that cable and the SG cable. The correct one, wrong one (amazon didn't want it back), and the SG cables combined just got me to a under the rear view mirror mount hiding cable behind pillar and headliner. These cables are only about 6" long.

Last edited:

Tuck5000

2008 2500 170
I just bought a Scangauge 2 unit and Connector from amazon, I avoided the ASSEM supplier for the connector. Don't remember who mine came from, but they sent the right one, works out great with the fuse cover!:cheers:

pfflyer

I was going to include a link to what I use but Amazon says no longer available. It is a suction cup mount and it may be available through SG. It has fallen a couple of times but I have it stuck to the black part around the rear view mirror and it is not smooth like the windshield.

sailquik

You guys must be really tall, and have superb vision.
Why would you want to "hide" an important device like the SG-II way up high and forward where you have to take your eyes off the road to see it?
sprinter888.
I've placed my Scan Gauge II, on the original Velcro that came with it, to the left of the speedometer arch (right on the seam between the top of the dash and the rear vertical part of the dash) where it's most visible and can be easily reached to change PID's on all 5 of my Sprinters.
Never had an issue with it coming unstuck from the Velcro, but then it's on a mostly horizontal surface.
The cable tucks under the black rubber weather strip/trim that runs up and down the "A" pillar.
Cable tucks in very nicely, entering just at the level of the top of the dash, and exiting at the fuze box cover.
Roger

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
snip...
Never had an issue with it coming unstuck from the Velcro, but then it's on a mostly horizontal surface.
snip....
Roger
I think that sprinter8888 means the Velcro stuck to the dash comes away from the dash i.e. the glue gets soft when it gets hot & loses its 'stiction'.

>>bcislander
Yes, It is. It's sunny california.
I want to know if there is a way that is cheap like velcro, and don't make scratch to my sprinter.

pfflyer

You guys must be really tall, and have superb vision.
Why would you want to "hide" an important device like the SG-II way up high and forward where you have to take your eyes off the road to see it?
sprinter888.
I've placed my Scan Gauge II, on the original Velcro that came with it, to the left of the speedometer arch (right on the seam between the top of the dash and the rear vertical part of the dash) where it's most visible and can be easily reached to change PID's on all 5 of my Sprinters.
The cable tucks under the black rubber weather strip/trim that runs up and down the "A" pillar.
Cable tucks in very nicely, entering just at the level of the top of the dash, and exiting at the fuze box cover.
Roger
I can see out my rear view mirror and it is right inline when I do mirror checks. I try (often fail) to keep my eyes moving like I was taught. Since I had the ceramic film installed on the windshield it sits to the right of the speedo cluster now on the dash.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Nice!, did you make it and how?

Yes, made it myself. Woodwork/Carpentering/furniture building is one of my retirement hobbies :cheers:.

-Wrap the ScanGauge with wide masking tape so as that no glue will ooze on the instrument.

-Use 1/8" ply to snuggly fit the dimensions of the ScanGauge. Glue seams and hold tight with light clamps over contour of ScanGauge

-Let set and harden

-Pop out ScanGauge from housing

-----------------------------

-Make a curved base from 1/8" aluminum.
Manually curve the aluminum; following the contour of where you want it mounted.

- Glue(epoxy) the 1/8" ply to the al. base. Angle it to your desired future view.

-Fill in gap between ply housing and al. base with epoxy filler

-Smooth with sandpaper then spray paint with satin dashboard black.

-Fasten housing containing ScanGauge using 2 thin strips of velcro to underneath of housing and dashboard...

cheers...

Top Bottom