Canadian Conversions

urucan

new to forum and wanted to know
is there any companies doing conversions on Sprinter/Transit vans
can't seem to find any companies here in canada
any help would be appreciated

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
You haven't looked very hard: Roadtrek, Pleasureway, Leisure Travel & one in Quebec whose name I cannot remember are all based in Canada.

Great West Vans used to be in Canada, went to the USA, then went bankrupt.

urucan

thanks for your replies, what I am looking for is a place I can take my own van (transit) and choose how I want my conversion done similar to sportsmobile in the usa
I don't think there is anyone doing that in Canada

urucan

so i haven't look very hard? any ideas? or just regular rv companies you guys metioned?

there must be some company in canada doing this

We looked into them for windows, the prices for the lining the van is pretty insane.

insulation $1675.00
-Wall liners $6600.00
-Ceiling lined $1900.00
-Floor $2200.00
-Led lighting (includes all wiring required) $750.00

Galley unit $14,200 or $14,900 to include propane furnace
Includes:
-Fridge
-Belly propane tank
-2 burner stove
-Sink
-Power converter (NOT INVERTER)
-1 AGM battery
-Fresh water tank
-Water pump

Diesel or gas Heater
$3500.00

Windows
$1400 each, installed.

Outside shower $499.00

Air conditioning, $2200.00

Awning
$3200.00

Bed
$4400.00 (does not include Mattress)

Solar PORTABLE $753.00

Solar mounted 160 watt $1243.00

$799.00 fantastic fan, wired into coach battery system (EACH)

2000 watt inverter is $2500.00

Driver side upper cabinet $2800.00

Pass side upper cabinet $1400.00

Extra battery $750.00

Flip up table $750.00

All above plus tax

Travois

Probably referring to Travois, who just this week relocated to Ontario. They are heavily invested in Metris conversions, but we are most interested in their 4x4 Sprinter build.
Thank you, but are main focus on the Sprinter 4 X 4, the Metris is to supplement the to lack of supply of the 4 X 4 chassis we request each year.

We offer for full conversions, partial conversions, commercial applications, University builds. Fully certified engineers on staff, all technical staff are factory Porsche- Ferrari technicians ( that now rather build vans... then work on exotics :thinking: ).

Direct supply of parts from Europe with a container arriving every 3 weeks.

- Fully staffed machine fabrication shop with 22 employees available to bring your ideas to reality.

- Swiss equipped, Swiss staff fabrication shop.

- Direct van supply from Mercedes Benz Canada, order your chassis directly from us, specifically optioned with Up-fitter options, not available to dealers, full finance, warranty packages available from MB Finance.

- All our vans come standard with the Mercedes Benz 6 year 160.000 KM

- Each van is trail tested, on the same course as the Military used to test the old Iltis's ( this may not be a bonus.... but sounds cool ).

- On staff we have a MIT educated engineer with 28 years with General motors, in charge of vehicle supply to the Canadian forces, RCMP, etc.

- All our cabinets are 100 % aluminum, designed specifically for the North American Sprinter and Metris chassis, light weight, durable, resistant to climatic changes.

We have 3 more chassis's available for 2018, in the Sprinter 4 X 4 144 or 170, still time to choose your options, colors, specific options and a hefty Builders discount.

Orders for 2019 model year available in Sept 2018.

Travois Conversions

Thank you, but are main focus on the Sprinter 4 X 4, the Metris is to supplement the to lack of supply of the 4 X 4 chassis we request each year.
Thanks for clarifying. After contacting upfitters in BC and Alberta, we’ve thrown our lot in with Travois for a 2018 4x4 build. :hugs: Will start a thread once we have a VIN and ship date.

Top Bottom