sprinter-source.com not responding due to long running script?

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Is any one else getting a non-responsive web page for maybe 30s or so before getting a notification: 'sprinter-source.com not responding due to long running script' with a 'Stop Script' button, after clicking on a thread?

Doesn't happen all the time, but it's getting 'old' pretty fast.

dynaco1

Yes. It was a problem for me. I downloaded Google Chrome as a second browser and turned-on the adblocker. Ask a friend who is familiar with Chrome browser for help.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Although i didn't see it yesterday, in the past there have been particular advertisements that triggered that condition.

That's why the adblocker helps

--dick

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Is any one else getting a non-responsive web page for maybe 30s or so before getting a notification: 'sprinter-source.com not responding due to long running script' with a 'Stop Script' button, after clicking on a thread?

Doesn't happen all the time, but it's getting 'old' pretty fast.

Next time it happens, can you post a link to the thread/page in question.

Thanks!

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Yes. It was a problem for me. I downloaded Google Chrome as a second browser and turned-on the adblocker. Ask a friend who is familiar with Chrome browser for help.
I've got Chrome installed, but haven't tried using it for Sprinter Source. I've been using Edge, which I should have mentioned in my original post.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
FWIW, when i was seeing the problem it was with Firefox ... and was a number of years ago.
Sikwan changed the "allowed adverts" parameters for the forum and the problem disappeared.

--dick
p.s. i switched to Chrome a year or three after that for other reasons
(and instantly encountered a problem (inability to deal with insanely large and deep bookmark trees))

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Around the day of your complaint, we had a high level of bot spammers registering. Not only were they registering, they were probably pinging different parts of the site increasing its load.

This could be the reason of the hang.

Top Bottom