2019 Roambuilt Roof Rack

P

Patrick walsh

I agree entirely.

We can only hop it’s gets better than this.

I still can’t quite understand why unlike Tacoma’s and jeeps there is not more of the basic off road bolt ins available for the sprinter. It seems there are plenty of people out there moding them for various purposes.

Case in point bumpers.

Beyond that a actual suspension upgrade that is more than just a body lift and shock swap. I don’t get why someone has not come up with a kit comprised of upper control arms the various extensions, longer travel shocks with external reservoirs so forth and so on. Lockers blah blah blah.

Who knows maybe they will. From my limited knowledge with trucks. Body lifts are like the anti lift to those actually off-roading with regard performance and reliability. I feel like it’s been body lifts are kinda just dangerous and akin to say a hack spacer lift that actually limits travel.

Their NCV3 bumper is the best looking I've seen. But, not a fan of their VS30 setup.

Mr Makai

I saw that CA Tuned bumper at the van expo and it looked pretty good in person.

The Van Compass winch bumper looks really good to me but the level of chopping required for install is more than I want to do.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

P

Patrick walsh

Chopping as like chopping in the frame and or trimming this and that off to get it all to fit?

You know I’m not thrilled about making permanent alterations to a $63000 vehicle as I just dint have it like that. But it seems to me that even just kitting the inside out, cutting in windows, sound proofing, insulation, rice nuts everywhere it just a loosing battle to think you could ever get the vehicle back to any kind of stock form for resale.

I saw that CA Tuned bumper at the van expo and it looked pretty good in person.

The Van Compass winch bumper looks really good to me but the level of chopping required for install is more than I want to do.

Mr Makai

Van Compass has really good on line installation instructions. You can see for yourself. It was too much for me. Their flare kit as well.

Onefin

I agree entirely.

We can only hop it’s gets better than this.

I still can’t quite understand why unlike Tacoma’s and jeeps there is not more of the basic off road bolt ins available for the sprinter. It seems there are plenty of people out there moding them for various purposes.

Case in point bumpers.

Beyond that a actual suspension upgrade that is more than just a body lift and shock swap. I don’t get why someone has not come up with a kit comprised of upper control arms the various extensions, longer travel shocks with external reservoirs so forth and so on. Lockers blah blah blah.

Who knows maybe they will. From my limited knowledge with trucks. Body lifts are like the anti lift to those actually off-roading with regard performance and reliability. I feel like it’s been body lifts are kinda just dangerous and akin to say a hack spacer lift that actually limits travel.
No body lifts for a sprinter.
The Sprinter doesn’t have a “body”, it has a unibody.

MotoXPress

I’m partial to the round lights. Rack is from Stoked adventure outfitters in BC. Can be ordered thru Sprinter Engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
I like the look of the double light bars! Mine is homemade, so not quite as nice as a Roambuilts. Check out the double bars it looks like a serious amount of light on the trail!
Don’t sell yourself short, rack and lights look great. Your hoist to get it up there is awesome, total commitment.

Park City Mike

Both the RoamBuilt Safari rack (round lights) and the Safari LED (double light bar) extend out towards the front more than other racks i've seen, giving you extra space on top. This is one of the reason's I went with RoamBuilt...I needed room for my 365W solar panel, Kingtec A/C, and MaxFan.

If you go with the light bar option, RoamBuilt recommends double light bars for less wind noise and better wind deflection. At least that's what they told me. In the end I went with 5 LED round lights mostly because I like the look of the 5 round lights over the double light bar.

Both the RoamBuilt Safari rack (round lights) and the Safari LED (double light bar) extend out towards the front more than other racks i've seen, giving you extra space on top. This is one of the reason's I went with RoamBuilt...I needed room for my 365W solar panel, Kingtec A/C, and MaxFan.

If you go with the light bar option, RoamBuilt recommends double light bars for less wind noise and better wind deflection. At least that's what they told me. In the end I went with 5 LED round lights mostly because I like the look of the 5 round lights over the double light bar.
What round LED’s did you go with?

Mr Makai

On a related note does anyone else feel the Roambuilt quality isn't on par with their pricing? When I saw their stuff at the van show I wasn't overly impressed with the weld quality.

ssort

It's all about the bikes!
agree that Roam stuff is overpriced. But Rigid is insanely over priced. Those weld pictures, if that is consistent on your rack is a big 'fail' based on price.

just my 2 cents.

Mr Makai

agree that Roam stuff is overpriced. But Rigid is insanely over priced. Those weld pictures, if that is consistent on your rack is a big 'fail' based on price.

just my 2 cents.
Not my rack, and not even a rack. It's Roambuilt running boards I saw on one of their vehicles at the Adventure Van Expo.

Having welded for a living I was underwhelmed with both fit up and welding.

I can see the appeal of the overall look and design.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Not my rack, and not even a rack. It's Roambuilt running boards I saw on one of their vehicles at the Adventure Van Expo.

Agreed on all accounts

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West

I’m no welder, but that doesn’t look great at all. Thanks...I was about to drop 7k on rack, steps and ladder...gonna look at some of the other options out there first.

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
Has anyone seen a bajavoodo rack? I've read the welding isn't great either, but at less than half the price it seems like a decent option. I'm also considering a vannon. Saw one in person and was impressed. They are ~2k and have movable crossmembers.

nickbokhoven

FWIW. Baja voodoo is a steel rack so the price should be a significant discount. I have seen one Vannon rack in person. It was nice but nothing special. Six pieces of 80/20 that you could source at $70 each and a custom side cap. They have to pay the bills too but you are paying quite a bit of a premium.

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
FWIW. Baja voodoo is a steel rack so the price should be a significant discount. I have seen one Vannon rack in person. It was nice but nothing special. Six pieces of 80/20 that you could source at $70 each and a custom side cap. They have to pay the bills too but you are paying quite a bit of a premium.

Thanks for the info on bajavoodo. That's a big difference.

Onefin

Top Bottom