2005 Airstream Westfalia for sale in Sarasota - any opinions

stayleft

http://orlando.craigslist.org/rvd/3070837098.html

Hello All,

I've developed a mild obsession on finding an Airstream Westfalia. I'm sure there are others on this forum that can identify with this. I've made some inquiries on this 2005 in Sarasota Florida. It's has a few bumps and bruises (the salesman has been very forthcoming about the issues). None of them seem like deal breakers, but two other mildly obsessed potential buyers have walked away after seeing this Westfalia in person. At this price, a qualified buyer would most likely buy if everything checked out. So, I've answered my own question in a sense, but does anyone on the forum know anything about this particular Westfalia? Thanks.

Luddite90

Hey, as an owner of a '76 VW Westfalia, and an '04 2500 Sprinty, I am gonna buy it if you don't! Dang, same price as a new Subaru, but a whole lot more vehicle. Go for it!

512Westy

Without knowing the issues, seems like a good price for the miles.
Appears to be missing the TV, and the oh so important umbrella!
Is the generator still on board?
Do you know what number this unit is? (last 3 digits of Airstream VIN#)
It being in Florida, is there any rust?

David

512Westy

Opps, just re-read the craigslist ad and realized i had confused the miles w/ the recent San Jose unit that had 26k miles. I would not consider this one's as low miles. this seems mid miles.

stayleft

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts about this Westy. I'm Still on the fence. It was repo'd from first owner at around 20K miles, and the salesman told me it sat for awhile with the 2nd owner...they detailed it and replaced the graphics (faded from Florida sun). I wish they would have just left them off. It's been in Florida it's entire time on the planet. It looks good in the pics, but we all know how that goes.

Riptide

Ya know, ya gotta wonder about the knuckleheads that click the check boxes when they're making the ad...

There's NO third row seat, no spare tire, no rear defrost, and no cassette. Little stuff, I know, but if selling cars is your livelihood, you would think you could be accurate...

The unit cleaned up well, it appears. I might have to call them to see what they used to get the lower anti-chip paint and bumpers looking so good.

I'd say the price is about on par with the mileage. There really is nothing else like them on the market...

Top Bottom