Anyone ever get a moveable partition/bulkhead installed?

lhprod

1st Diesel, 1st Import
Last year I had my eye on a Sprinter in Austin, but alas, it sold before I could pursue it. The main thing that attracted me was that it was a cargo van with a partition behind the two front seats, that could be moved behind the crew bench. I drive cross-country quite a bit, and want the ability to take the family.

Managed to snag a photo while the listing was active.

I’ve searched on the forum, but haven’t found anyone who has done that to their van. I do want it done right, so that probably means going to an upfitter, which I would definitely do for the seat brackets. But I do fear wallet drain for such a partition

Anyone who has done it, would you do again? Pros? Cons?

Attachments

odix@yahoo.com

Sprinter fan
Hi Ihprod, an observation; that's a four person bench in the crew bench position. Usually a three person bench is there. A four person bench is wide -- once the sliding door shuts it's really crammed. The four person bench also usually attaches, for added safety, to the van side walls from the upper bench ends-- in the pic you see the untethered side strap.

For the partition, the crux may be the ceiling mounts. In order to move the partition you'll want two locations -- behind the driver/passenger seats and another behind the bench. You may want to call Advantage -- they have expertise. https://www.commercialvanshelving.com/sprinter-partitions/

lhprod

1st Diesel, 1st Import
Hi Ihprod, an observation; that's a four person bench in the crew bench position. Usually a three person bench is there. A four person bench is wide -- once the sliding door shuts it's really crammed. The four person bench also usually attaches, for added safety, to the van side walls from the upper bench ends-- in the pic you see the untethered side strap.

For the partition, the crux may be the ceiling mounts. In order to move the partition you'll want two locations -- behind the driver/passenger seats and another behind the bench. You may want to call Advantage -- they have expertise. https://www.commercialvanshelving.com/sprinter-partitions/

I’ll give those guys a try! Thanks for the info!
I personally would only install a 3-person bench

Top Bottom