Upgrade time for the AC

kylecm

Well. I am preparing for my next cross country trip. Last year, my only real issues was that it is harder than hell to keep Oliver (our 2014 Thor Siesta 24SA) cool.

I have a buddy that just built his own RV parking garage and insists that I order a new / different AC and we can pull it into his bay and replace mine. No issues with the work, just not sure what to get.

Has anyone upgraded their AC? I was thinking about a 15000 Dometic Blizzard. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksrow

Just read your post. I just replaced the AC unit in My 2014 Siesta sr24 with the new 15K BTU Dometic this summer and WOW is all I can say. Cant hear the compressor come on any more and it cools down fast and keeps the camper cool even on the hottest days. The original 13.5K unit just wasn't enough to keep up with the heat. I had the over bunk ceiling removed and insulated the fiberglass front cap before I changed the AC and it helped a lot (there is no insulation from the factory there and the sun heats it up like a radiator). On a sunny day put your hand on the panels on the side by the windows up there and you will see what I mean. Anyway you can't beat the new AC.. no more struggling with the summer heat.

kylecm

Good to hear. Which 15k Dometic did you use? Do you remember with 13.5k you had?

ksrow

Good to hear. Which 15k Dometic did you use? Do you remember with 13.5k you had?

I had the original low profile penguin 13.5K that was the same brand. New design is much quieter and more efficient. The new Blizzard

Deno2300

Just read your post. I just replaced the AC unit in My 2014 Siesta sr24 with the new 15K BTU Dometic this summer and WOW is all I can say. Cant hear the compressor come on any more and it cools down fast and keeps the camper cool even on the hottest days. The original 13.5K unit just wasn't enough to keep up with the heat. I had the over bunk ceiling removed and insulated the fiberglass front cap before I changed the AC and it helped a lot (there is no insulation from the factory there and the sun heats it up like a radiator). On a sunny day put your hand on the panels on the side by the windows up there and you will see what I mean. Anyway you can't beat the new AC.. no more struggling with the summer heat.
Did the 15K fit right back in the original hole and how much did it cost

Top Bottom