Parts is Parts????????

Diesel

Yo Sprinter Saviors!!
I'm agitated and stimulated! I am tired of the bull at the Dealerships and I want to know how to obtain the Mercedes Benz part number I need for some basic maintenance. I don't want to buy what I think is a Mercedes Benz product, but end up instead with a product made by Murray Bends. The Dodge Dealer gave me the part number for an oil filter and a fuel filter. I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter body with a 5-cylinder 2.7 Turbo Diesel Engine. I went to Mercedes with the part number, but they don't cross-reference. What's the Dealio??? Can somebody Save me??:rad:
Also . . . what parts should I get for basic maintenance? I'm figuring on an oil filter and fuel filter. My friend who owns a older Mercedes Benz from the 70's with a turbo diesel engine says I should be also buying a pre-filter for the fuel?
What do You All Think?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yo Sprinter Saviors!!
I'm agitated and stimulated! I am tired of the bull at the Dealerships and I want to know how to obtain the Mercedes Benz part number I need for some basic maintenance. I don't want to buy what I think is a Mercedes Benz product, but end up instead with a product made by Murray Bends. The Dodge Dealer gave me the part number for an oil filter and a fuel filter. I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter body with a 5-cylinder 2.7 Turbo Diesel Engine. I went to Mercedes with the part number, but they don't cross-reference. What's the Dealio??? Can somebody Save me??:rad:
Also . . . what parts should I get for basic maintenance? I'm figuring on an oil filter and fuel filter. My friend who owns a older Mercedes Benz from the 70's with a turbo diesel engine says I should be also buying a pre-filter for the fuel?

What do You All Think?
This goes with this418 and your answer was given with this 419
DSC00165 (Custom).JPG
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Jon is this a cryptic message:thinking:
The photo I showed is Australian right four pot Left 5-inline replaces the original OM 611 092 01 01
My year 04
Now OM A 612 092 00 01 My year 08 fits 4-inline and 5-in-line
Richard

Last edited:

Diesel

You guys are confusing me. Is there a disagreement as to the appropriate part number? With EPC?
This started because I went to a Dodge Dealer and they gave me a part number, but it doesn't cross-reference to Mercedes Benz. That makes me wonder that when Dodge does my oil change and fuel filter or anything else, if they are using cheaper parts.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
You guys are confusing me. Is there a disagreement as to the appropriate part number? With EPC?
This started because I went to a Dodge Dealer and they gave me a part number, but it doesn't cross-reference to Mercedes Benz. That makes me wonder that when Dodge does my oil change and fuel filter or anything else, if they are using cheaper parts.
Looking very carefully I belive the differences are in the actual sensor position 5mil bolt down points.
NAFTA and Euro are different so slightly yet I bet you could fit either.
Stay with the NAFTA Part numbers.
The difference is the actual plumbing location of the hardware variant's
IMGP0025.JPG
Seeks NAFTA Filters
YUCKY:shifty:
IMGseekP0029.JPG
Richard Euro Filter
DSC00156 (Custom).JPG
DSC00159 (Custom).JPG
DSC00161 (Custom).JPG
Stay with the NAFTA numbers
Richard

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
As of this writing, there is still a maintained list of MOPAR to MB part numbers at http://starparts.chrysler.com/home/crossref.htm. Find the MOPAR number, write down the MB part number and ask your local MB dealership to either pull it off the shelves or order it.

The part number I provided A6460920701 maps to MOPAR # 05170896AB

Is that the number your Dodge dealership gave you?

-Jon

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi
jon is correct the part number for a fuel filter to suit your sprinter a6460920701 it has now changed
new part number for this filter a6420920501
uk cost £29.20

regards
chris

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
As late as last evening, the NAFTA electronic parts catalog did not reflect the new part number.

If you provide your VIN to the MB dealership they can pull your data card and assure they order the correct filter for your vehicle's build.

-Jon

Top Bottom