Convince me?

jpac80

2009 Navion 24H
Okay this is a request/challenge to the pulse/icon owners out there. I'm in the market for a used rig circa 2008-2010. I honestly though I had this all figured out and nailed it down to a 2009 24H navion/view.

In my searches through RV trader I came across the Icon. Obviously very similar to the view. In fact many specs appear identical. I'm interested in the 24A floor plan similar to the 24H.

On the surface I see a longer slide which is a plus and more exterior storage. Per the 2008/09 brochure there is a pass thru compartment for larger items. The longer slide didn't come around until 2010 for the view which also brought along the DEF/Adblue emissions. I'm looking forward to tinkering on whatever rig I buy (hopefully upgrades and not repairs) but obviously neither the pass thru or slide can be modified.

Are there other unique differences to point out?

Those of you who looked at both the Fleetwood and Winnie/Itacsa models care to share with me why you chose the Fleetwood?

Any input appreciated. I've found some info searching but not much comparing these side-by-side so I'm trying to gather info from both sides of the fence to help make a decision.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I have an '08 Icon 24A and chose it over the V/N for the things you mentioned, the larger slide and passthrough storage. The passthrough is only about 5 or 6 inches high, but lets me slip in a couple of lawn chairs and a few other long items. Comparing to the V/N directly is tough because each has its good and bad points compared to the other, and I have frankly forgotten most of them. One example is that the P/I has a larger propane tank. The 24A in particular has "huge" kitchen counter space compared to other small motorhomes. The sofa is optimized for sitting comfort at the expense of a bed that isn't perfectly flat when open. I would rather have had a flat bed. A foam pad on top makes it tolerable. There are many other comparisons like the propane tank size that make it kind of a "six of one, half dozen of the other" comparison. Perhaps the biggest difference is that the Fleetwood factory made themselves a horrible reputation for sloppy build quality. Not so much with the big things, rather with things like kinked heater ducts, installing the wrong thermostat, wiring mistakes, kinked hoses, etc. These problems were all fixable by a dealer or handy owner but were a huge burden of inconvenience for a new owner. A used P/I would hopefully have most of these issues fixed by now. Winnebago also has better technical documentation available. I might sound like I wish we has gone with the V/N, which isn't the case. After addressing the zillion factory problems it has been a good RV and I don't regret having it. There are both V/N and P/I groups on Yahoo that have pretty good participation, and you can get most any question answered.

Top Bottom