Scantool Access

TechSOS

Name: Chad Edwards

Resources: Scantool - StarMOBILE, WiTech, DRBIII w/ multiplexer, MB STAR DIS, multiple aftermarket tools.

Method of contact: email, or business hours through the shop.
http://keysforsprinter.com

Skills:
Diagnostic
Programming
Immobilizer programming and repair

Boundaries: We are mobile in the Salem, Portland, Vancouver WA area.

Dougflas

DAD OWNER
Name Doug

Location Citrus County, Florida

Rersources DAD, Metric tools, SAE tools, Welding all types, AC equipt.

Skills Basic DAD needing experience, AC Service and Repairs (Both vehicle and residential with RV type

Contact Private Message or dktv at AOL dot com

I have a full time plus part time employment so time is limited

Flagship Motorcars Mercedes and Sprinter Lynnfield, Ma.

First hour free to forum members.

Seeing the small amount of activity in our area for non-dealers. I thought I would put out a helping hand. For any do it yourselfer's , if you are stuck and in need of assistance, obviously we have everything.

If you are a forum member, just shoot me an email and the first hour of diagnostic time is on me. And yes, that would also mean it would be handled by the infamous Carl. :thumbup:

Just trying to help.

Best,

Mark P Hoch
General Manager
Flagship Motorcars
Sprinter Vans** New Line of Commercial Vans!
smart center lynnfield
A Herb Chambers Co.
Lynnfield, MA 01940
781-974-8274 cell
781-596-9700 work

mhoch@herbchambers.com

ptcohen

I have a question... 2008 Sprinter 2500(with the bluetec)... I have changed the oil and fuel filter... Now, how do I get the message that says service in 600 miles to reset... I plugged into the OBD II with my scanner but can find no option to reset....???

TechSOS

I have a question... 2008 Sprinter 2500(with the bluetec)... I have changed the oil and fuel filter... Now, how do I get the message that says service in 600 miles to reset... I plugged into the OBD II with my scanner but can find no option to reset....???
I don't think that was the purpose of this thread. Things get cluttered that way. You might want to start a new thread.

david klair

I am a bit confused by the different 'scan tools'. Could someone please explain the differences, and which one is best used on the 2007 Dodge 2500 deisel? Where can you purchase one? What do they cost?

Thanks

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I am a bit confused by the different 'scan tools'.
Jon Caples (jdcaples) periodically posts an excellent guide to what-scanner-scans-what...
and *he* has a 2007 diesel 2500 (and a stack of scan tools), so it's the perfect guide for your question.
Use the search bar and it'll show up.

..in fact, post #2 in this very thread answers the 2007 question...

--dick

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
Name: Jens

Resources: DAD (T1N 2002 - 2006), Metric tools (including torx stuff needed for the Sprinter), some SAE tools

Skills: Basic DAD experience, General maintenance skills.

I work full time, but am willing to help people that have a Sprinter issue (I have been helped by random people when I had problems on the road, and I believe in paying back) that can get their Sprinter to my house.

I can help with some things as well as providing a driveway to park in while working on repairs. I am not a shop, just someone who has a Sprinter that has always worked on his own cars. I have tools available to work on problems.

I have some used spares (Turbo Hoses, idler pullies, etc.) for 2002/2003 Sprinters that were replaced on mine (all serviceable, and working well enough to get someone home again). I also have spare fuel filters, oil filters, drive belts and a few sensors that tend to fail a lot.

I may not be able to diagnose 2007 and later Sprinter issues, but don't let that stop you from contacting me if you are having problems.

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
No generic "ODB-2" scan tool on the shelves of WalMart or your local AutoZone, Schucks/O'Reilly etc will accurately read all 22-24 computers in a 2007+ US/Canadian Sprinter.

Having said that, here's some (maybe all) we Sprinter-Source NCV3 owners know....

For Independent Mechanics/Commercial Users/Chronic Enthusiasts (like me) that need therapy
For all Sprinters:
Absolute BEST:
Mercedes-Benz Star Diagnosis System -
www.startekinfo.com -> MB Workshop Resources -> SDS
(you want the document titled "Star Diagnosis System purchase information for the Independent Service Providers."
Cost: somewhere north of $20,000 USD plus something like $7,500 / year software subscription fee

Second Best

Only works with 2007/2008/2009 US/Canadian Sprinters:
Will not work with 2006 & prior Sprinters. Will not work with 2010+ Sprinters.

Chrysler's StarMOBILE - last I checked: between $3,000 and $4,000 USD
Chrysler's WiTECH - last I checked: ~$6,000

Both StarMOBILE and WiTECH will require a subscription fee to www.techauthority.com for flashing controllers with updated firmware.... otherwise you can just use 'em "off line" which means you're not asking the software to login to techauthority.com

Where to purchase: http://portal.dcctools.com/wiTecheCom/jsp/login/signIn.jsp
(call them for latest pricing)​

For the serious DIYers (who arguably also need therapy)

Launch Diagun - somewhere north of $1,500 USD

AutoEnginuity with the OE Mercedes coverage - cost: do your own research

This needs investigation:

Rumor has it that VAGCOM/VCDS will work with 2007+ US/Canadian Sprinters
http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150123&postcount=13

-Jon

NBB

OTC and Snap-on both have Sprinter specific coverage for their respective scan tools. Similar to the Autoenginuity, maybe slightly better, but also much more expensive.

alynncarter

Re: Scan tool Access

Would you be interested in selling your DAD scanner? Lynn Carter 940-782-5740 lmcarter19662att.net Iam getting generic code P0401 Exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected . I just finiished installing new intake air pressure sensor and mass air pressure (boost) sensor and quite getting P0069 manifold absolute pressure /baromrtric pressure correlation and P0106 manifold absolute pressure range/ barometric pressure sensor range/performance. I would like to purchase a DAD or find someone within 200 miles of Dallas Texas to get help.

hillis24

Chattanooga, TN
Is there someone with in 200 miles of the chattanooga area that is willing to use their dad scan on my T1N? I've been to the dealer here in chattanooga enough times to know, they don't know.

Sprintalong

Request scan tool access in Sacramento CA. I need my TCM reset from. Po715 code I had metal filings grounding out the conductor board in the transmission.
Thanks please call if you can help before I have to go to the dealer and pay $160 to wipe the code. I am happy to pay a member bear bucks or barter let me know.
916-538-0866

jackjnsn

FedEx Contractor
I am looking for info on how to close 2 open circuits on my 2011 Sprinter. Had work done on diesel part. filter and now trying to pass CA smog. I have driven about 800 miles since work completed. Stopping and restarting various times over the last 5 days. Mercedes dealer says they have no way of forcing closed the circuits and can't tell me what it will take in driving, etc. The smog shop says the open circuits show up as "mn" and "p".
Anybody able to offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance. jackjnsn@gmail.com I am in the Fresno, CA area.

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
I have a DAD and am happy to let anyone use it for free,but I have no skills.Currently near Santa Barbara.PM will work

japper

Name: Filip

Tools : Mercedes Star for deep diagnostics
Launch Pad II (best overall scan/diagnostic tool for all makes, period)
Launch Golo (smart phone scan tool and long distance diagnostics with my Pad II)
Skills : 20 years experience repairing most makes, 5 years tuning and modifying performance
cars. Lately taking care of small fleet of expediting Sprinters.
Remapping European vehicles for better MPG and performance.
Able to turn off emission devices for off road use.
For members I can offer simple diagnostics (not only for Sprinters) starting only $30 and advice is always free!

Name: Filip

Tools : Mercedes Star for deep diagnostics
Launch Pad II (best overall scan/diagnostic tool for all makes, period)
Launch Golo (smart phone scan tool and long distance diagnostics with my Pad II)
Skills : 20 years experience repairing most makes, 5 years tuning and modifying performance
cars. Lately taking care of small fleet of expediting Sprinters.
Remapping European vehicles for better MPG and performance.
Able to turn off emission devices for off road use.
For members I can offer simple diagnostics (not only for Sprinters) starting only $30 and advice is always free!
I'm new to site, you got email / cell

adamdrives

Anyone near 10960 NY have access to a drbiii scan tool? I have a 2006 Sprinter with permanent LHM p0715. Trying to avoid dealership. Thanks!

Top Bottom