Drawings

Brycenthompson

New to the forum. Have 2019 Sprinter orderes for delivery later this year. Was wondering if anyone has or knows how to get a hold of CAD drawings of the sprinter van. I'd like to start planning out my build now so I'm prepared when the van arrives.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
You can find them in the same isle as the unicorns. :smilewink:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

New to the forum. Have 2019 Sprinter orderes for delivery later this year. Was wondering if anyone has or knows how to get a hold of CAD drawings of the sprinter van. I'd like to start planning out my build now so I'm prepared when the van arrives.
Bump. I've seen some floating around but too old to remember where. Maybe here? https://www.upfitterportal.com/en-us/tech-info/beg. Not sure the extent of dimensional changes from NCV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

I have a 158" T1N 2006, I ended up doing a detailed survey of the interior and all metal ribs (walls and floor), and drew it in SolidWorks. Didn't find anything close to what I wanted on the web...

I would share with you but it's not much use for you I think

alexk243

KulAdventure
+2 on SketchUp, its free and you most likely will be able to find a 3D rendering of your van. I was able to find one for my T1N in there as a lot of people contribute to their database.

larrr

The Monochromatic Panda
I have a 158" T1N 2006, I ended up doing a detailed survey of the interior and all metal ribs (walls and floor), and drew it in SolidWorks. Didn't find anything close to what I wanted on the web...

It would be of great use to me! :) :)
I've got a 2005 158" and I'm about to start on my mod. Would love to rebuild as few wheels as possible. :)

AndyMAC

I tried several online drawing tools, but in the end unless you are ordering a build kit from an outfitter (or something similar), your plans/drawing are going to change as soon as you get into your build. My 170WB was a complete custom DIY build. The drawings helped me get an idea of the layout, but my initial plans changed as soon as I stepped foot in the empty van for the first time. That's when I got out the blue painters tape and cardboard and starting "building" where things were going. Take lots of pictures before you cover walls, there will be at least one time when you want to drive a self tapper and cannot remember what's behind your wall covering. Good luck on your build!

p.s. Here is my conversion sarcasm...before you start your build go to Home Depot and buy every fastener on the isle. It will save you the trip on a Sunday afternoon when you realize you need 1 1/4" screws rather than 1 1/2".:lol:

marklg

I've got a 2005 158" and I'm about to start on my mod. Would love to rebuild as few wheels as possible. :)
It would be of great use to me too. I have a 2006 built by Great West. All the ribs are covered by a headliner and walls and it would be great to know where they are so I can miss them or use them in further mods.

Regards,

Mark

Luc

Send me your email in a PM and i’ll send it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luc

It would be of great use to me too. I have a 2006 built by Great West. All the ribs are covered by a headliner and walls and it would be great to know where they are so I can miss them or use them in further mods.

Regards,

Mark

Send me your email in a PM and i’ll send it to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
For my use the 2D drawings were all done before starting the build. Built the van exactly as the drawings. Did not change anything. Easier to find problems and correct drawings than after when you have to change some of the build. Easy to get the interior dimensions with a tape measure. For wall locations just install a vertical stick on van centerline and measure from the stick to the walls. I used 1" vertical graduations on the stick to measure the van width.

3D drawings are not necessary.

Do fully agree that cardboard mockups are very useful particularly if you do not know CAD. Used a lot of cardboard to make patterns for the wall coverings and cabinet panels.

Markscampervan

I'd love to have it! We just purchased a 2006 158 wb and there is nothing I can find to help with dimensions.

Kevin.Hutch

2011 Mercedes 313 906
Some years ago I downloaded a comprehensive array of PDF drawing files and I was able to trace the specific one I wanted into my 2D CAD system Autosketch that has served me well. It only includes 144 and 170 wheelbases though.

I would say they appeared on the internet from an up fitter source and seem to no longer on line, I can only assume that Mercedes have had them taken down.

They all include a statement;
1608531619543.png

3D drawings are not necessary.

Do fully agree that cardboard mockups are very useful particularly if you do not know CAD. Used a lot of cardboard to make patterns for the wall coverings and cabinet panels.
100% agree with that... If I measure the vehicle and make my own scaled and measured drawings, I'm 100% confident it's right...

On complex casework or curved panels, I'll make full size mock ups with cheap OSB, hot glued together... From that it's simple to measure off those to make finished panels and/or casework... For me and my clients it's time well invested and I'll let my results speak for themselves... In the shop my primary workshop tool is a tablesaw not a CNC router... I'll be the first to admit that my kind of custom work is different than most and full size, physical patterns works best for me...

CAD for some of us = Create A Diorama...!!!...

- (16).JPG
(above) Pull out bed mock up of OSB...

- (60).JPG
(above) Finished pull-out and hinged bed platform of high density foam and carbon fiber...

- (21).JPG
(above) OSB casework mockup...

P1120152.JPG
(above) Finished Baltic birch casework with zebbrawood veneer...

Last edited:
Here is my type of CAD...

1608571313557.png
(above) With the measured drawings I make a scale model of 1/8" plywood...

1608571097515.png
(above) I also make cabinetry models, to scale, of several different configurations... I also make scale human figures...

1608571130364.png
(above) It's easy to switch out different set-ups and compare...

1608571161232.png
(above) These are the basic conceptual visualization tools I use to help the clients decide on a plan to start...

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Nice work.

My comments were related to 3D.

I was self employed for 40 years designing packaging lines and building conveyors and packaging machines. Both conversions were designed in GeneralCadd which is an easy to use 2D cad program. Because I had been using 2D cad in my business it was natural to use it for the conversions. I do strongly believe the 2D cad is very useful when building conversions. It is simple to correct mistakes before any material is cut. I also believe for me 3D cad is not worth the effort. Fortunately I can look at a 2D drawing and "see" the 3D view. I would design a machine/conveyors and send a roll of blueprints to the job shop that was 4 hours from my office. When product was completed I would drive to the shop to pick it up for delivery. When I looked at the finished product in the shop I had already seen it in my mind.

Your scale models are an ideal method of communicating with your customers.

Where are you located?

Top Bottom