DPF status help

bfly

I just picked up a Launch Pro tool and took a DPF reading of my '11 2500. I am confused by the mileage readings. Both the 'Driving distance since last successful particulate filer regeneration' and 'Mileage at last particulate filter regeneration' are the same. On top of that both are higher than the actual mileage. What am I missing here? In case it matters, the DPF and SCR were both replaced a few hundred miles ago and a local shop did a relearn on both.

DPF.jpg

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
If the 'mileages' where actually kilometres would they be nearer the true figures? ie multiply by 0.62.

Remember this van is German and mainland Europe (except the UK) uses kilometres.

Keith.

bfly

If the 'mileages' where actually kilometres would they be nearer the true figures? ie multiply by 0.62.

Remember this van is German and mainland Europe (except the UK) uses kilometres.

Keith.
I can't remember off the top of my head but the mileages are only off by 50-80 miles.

Last edited:

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
I noticed similar strangeness on my 2008 (thread here). The Autel MD 802 scan tool reports mileage at last regen which is above the current odometer value. There seems to be an offset but I haven't figure out what it is for my van.

I don't know if you (or I) are missing something, but my takeaway has been not to interpret these reported values too literally. Instead of looking at the absolutes, look for changes over time.

bfly

I noticed similar strangeness on my 2008 (thread here). The Autel MD 802 scan tool reports mileage at last regen which is above the current odometer value. There seems to be an offset but I haven't figure out what it is for my van.

I don't know if you (or I) are missing something, but my takeaway has been not to interpret these reported values too literally. Instead of looking at the absolutes, look for changes over time.
Interesting. Does your Autel report 'Driving distance since last successful particulate filer regeneration' and 'Mileage at last particulate filter regeneration' being exactly the same? I am more confused by that than I am the absolute numbers are off by under a 100 miles.

Top Bottom