118 inch wb HIGH ROOF 2006 for sale in Montreall

HighPockets

Did superstardj put the decimal in the wrong place or is this in Venezuelan money or just a joke, sorry couldn't help myself. :bash:

Gene

autostaretx

Erratic Member
... that's only us$19,524 (and change) today.

...but: a two liter 5-cylinder??? Shouldn't that be 2.7 liter?

Back in the day (2006), a new Sprinter in Canada (i looked at Parksville, BC) was well over cdn$50K for what would have been a $28K US Sprinter.
The Canadian cargo models were not subject to the US's build, tear-down, ship on two boats, rebuild, sell cycle of US cargo Sprinters.
All Canadian Sprinters were built in Germany and shipped "whole".

--dick

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I thought all 118s were shipped whole to the USofA.
As far as i know, all CARGO (no side windows *and seats* behind the driver) were disassembled/reassembled to avoid the 25% Chicken Tax.

Before the South Carolina facility was opened, they used an (ex-) American LaFrance fire truck assembly building in (i think) Georgia.

Passenger wagons (like mine) landed whole at Jacksonville Florida on a RO-RO (roll-on, roll-off).

The Cargo models arrived in two containers (one body, one engines and running gear) on two separate ships (to meet Chicken Tax restrictions). I forget what port they used (it's in the forum archives... the transition to South Carolina came in mid-2005, i think).

I fondly remember opening the hood of a just-delivered Cargo van at a Seattle dealer's ... the engine compartment was littered with many unused/forgotten screw-type hose clamps.

--dick
p.s. Ford's method of "converting" the original Transit Connect on the dock from "passenger" to "cargo" was deemed by Customs as not meeting the rules.... so they had to (back-)pay the 25% duty while it's wending its way through the appeals process. The rule they violated was not creating a "custom" model specifically to avoid the tariff. The minimalist rear seats they used (and removed on the dock) were not used in any other model of the Connect. Bingo.

HighPockets

I might owe superstardj a slight apology as when my ship ported in Quebec in 1961 there was only about $.05 difference between the USD and Canadian. Most venders of small items just changed them evenly. But even at $19,524 it seemed like twice what it might be worth. Two and a half years ago I paid $12,500 for my '07 with an excellent body and everything else but with a nagging LHM problem which I finally got rid of. But starting with a high price gives you plenty of negotiating room.

Gene

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I vaguely recall that, when i was peering at the Canadian Sprinter's price, the US$ was below the Canadian $. (by about 5 cents).

The Canadian customer was paying almost twice (in number of dollars) what US customers were paying.
Therefore it's not entirely unreasonable for a used Canadian Sprinter to be going for about twice (in their dollars) what it would in the US (in our dollars).

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom