How to sell Onan generator?

Adolphus

For what it’s worth, as I remember I sold my Onan and Kerstner a/c (along with the converters and other assorted parts) for less than 600 dollars plus shipping. The gen unit had less than 40 hrs. Doesn’t mean yours is not worth what you’re asking but just a limited market of users that would want a gen that runs off LP.

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
One benefit of lp fuel is that it never goes bad. Diesel and gas fuel goes bad over time. So LP is better for an emergency backup. You might point that out in the ad.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
You gotta do eBay. You need a real national market or else you will be waiting forever for a buyer. Yes, shipping is a hassle, but unless you are very patient, that is what you have to do.

Ebay is also a powerful pricing tool. Do a search on "sold listings" and you will see what they are going for.

autocamp

un-Airstream'ed & un-Dodged NAFTA JC
I gave mine away free to a friend who has a US class-B with similar generator. I ain't going to waste any of my time trying to sell it.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
You gotta do eBay. You need a real national market or else you will be waiting forever for a buyer. Yes, shipping is a hassle, but unless you are very patient, that is what you have to do.

Ebay is also a powerful pricing tool. Do a search on "sold listings" and you will see what they are going for.
Shipping costs for such items make these prohibitive for most buyers.

grozier

Thanks everyone. It is on its way to Pennsylvania now by FedEx Ground. The main unit is in a toughened cardboard box (63 kg = 140 lb!) and the wiring and switch by USPS.

Top Bottom