Post your Westy!

discus

GA Westy
I had to fix my curved window too. A piece broke off so I patched it and had both windows coated with a dark tinted clear coat. It now matches the Bedliner rocker panel I had sprayed on a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkgalson

2018 Winnebago View 24J
My wife Diane and I have been using our Westy for extended summer journeys since 2006. We are based in Truckee California, and have a blog with lots of trip notes, photos, boondocking locations, and westy tech notes.

replace the single / with periods to get to our site:
http://gosprinter/blogspot/com

Happy trails.
David G

hoflix

I've never posted before, but I've use this resource often. We are the original owners of our Westy. It' a part of our lives.

Here are some pictures of us using it over the years:

Westy Flickr Collection

Nice van and pics.

I do have a question... in the picture with the Vespa, there is a big silver vertical storage box... seems very useful. How is that attached thou? I don't see any holes in the rear door. Or is it on the hitch somehow?

The other things you are towing are very cool too. :) and I'm very impressed with your mk4 build.

PS: since this is my first post too, I should probably say HIII EVERYBODY !

:cheers:

o2awsum

Nice van and pics.

I do have a question... in the picture with the Vespa, there is a big silver vertical storage box... seems very useful. How is that attached thou? I don't see any holes in the rear door. Or is it on the hitch somehow?

The other things you are towing are very cool too. :) and I'm very impressed with your mk4 build.

PS: since this is my first post too, I should probably say HIII EVERYBODY !

:cheers:
Thanks! The R32 is an amazing car.

The Box is mounted to a second spare tire carrier. Here are some better pictures. We don't put anything heavy in it, mostly it is a big closest. The riding gear gets wet, dirty and coated with bugs. We really don't want to bring them inside with us.

erolson

Aloha all!
I'm Eric Olson. My wife Stacey and daughter Kaile and I just bought a Westy (Uncle Rico), and love it! We live in Kailua, HI (on Oahu) and are keeping the Westy in Boise. We will use him as a seasonal escape pod for skiing and camping trips on the mainland! :cheers:

Here he is by Pickle Meadows and the USMC Mountain Warfare Training Center:

Last edited:

jujupang

Aloha all!
I'm Eric Olson. My wife Stacey and daughter Kaile just bought a Westy (Uncle Rico), and love it! We live in Kailua, HI (on Oahu) and are keeping the Westy in Boise. We will use him as a seasonal escape pod for skiing and camping trips on the mainland! :cheers:

Here he is by Pickle Meadows and the USMC Mountain Warfare Training Center:
Eric,
Now there are 3 Westy owners here on Oahu, I bought mine new in March 2004 from Colonial Airstream in NJ, 2years ago I found a good deal for my Punahou classmate, Hen Min and Arlene Hiu. I keep mine either next to LAX or on the east coast. The Hius keep theirs around Reno or Tacoma.
Call if you want to get together at my place, the Hiu live a mile away, I'm a block away from Punahou School.

Juju 808-227-0066

erolson

Wow! That's awesome! I'm really glad I posted. Would love to get together sometime. My daughter is a 6th grader at Punahou, and my wife teaches 1st grade there...

Eric 808-389-8071

Liesbet

Hello everyone!

My husband Mark and I recently bought our Westy in Arkansas and picked it up by Amtrak train. Which is a whole other story! If you are interested in checking our Zesty out, or share in our excitement, here is the big reveal of this new development, and the first post about our Westy!!!

http://www.roamingabout.com/welcome-westy-the-new-development/

It took some patience - but we secured this van in really good condition and with low miles. The plans? For now, only weekend getaways and having a roof above our head in between house and pet sits in North America. The future? A road trip to and in South America.

Liesbet

Hi again!

If any of the Hawaii Westy owners ever need house and pet sitters while they are enjoying their vans on the mainland, let us know. :) Or, when you are exploring this beautiful country, maybe we can meet up in our Westies one day!!!

We are so glad to be a part of this amazing group.

Liesbet

AKDAD

AKDAD
Our Westy has been an amazing vehicle from the day we bought it. The longest trip was Anchorage, AK to Golden, CO, then on to PA, and return home, 11,600 miles, towing a single axle 10X6 foot enclosed trailer for hauling our son off to college. It is arguably the classiest fish camp on the Kenai River during Red Salmon dip netting season!

Attachments

sdratwa

Hi Ed,
Is this van still available? I am very interested to find an Airstream Westfalia that fit my needs. Thank you!
Sergio (778)840-4450

piyush123

Hi here is our westy - at Zion with his grandpa

We are in the sf/bay area and always looking to meet other westy owners

Saw Peter when he was here visiting - please let us know if you are in the area

Attachments

Top Bottom