Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
How many do you have now? Our 2015 Agile has two under the hood and a second pair in a rack under the rear, I'm assuming where the spare tire would normally be. (Our spare's mounted vertically on that trailer hitch set-up.) Those 4 batteries plus the 300W of solar on the roof work very well for us; we essentially never have to plug in.

bigfelipe

How many do you have now? Our 2015 Agile has two under the hood and a second pair in a rack under the rear, I'm assuming where the spare tire would normally be. (Our spare's mounted vertically on that trailer hitch set-up.) Those 4 batteries plus the 300W of solar on the roof work very well for us; we essentially never have to plug in.

Just two in the back below the floor under the couch. I'm not sure of the solar panel rating on my rig yet. I just got it. Still figuring it out. It's an '07 for the record

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Well-- if you already have the wo under the floor in the rear, perhaps you could put two more in under the hood... I'd think the ones in the back would be more difficult.

Here's what ours looks like; they sit directly in front of the driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

bigfelipe

Well-- if you already have the wo under the floor in the rear, perhaps you could put two more in under the hood... I'd think the ones in the back would be more difficult.

Here's what ours looks like; they sit directly in front of the driver:
Is that above and beyond the 12v sprinter engine battery or does your RV run on four 6v batteries instead of two 6v and a 12v? The two under your hood are where my single automotive battery is.

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Interesting! No, the two under the hood there are coach batteries, identical to the pair of 6-volters under the floor in the back. The truck battery (excuse me, the "chassis" battery) is under the floor, inside the cabin, pretty much under the driver's feet. There's a compartment there under the floor mat(s). I thought all Sprinter truck starting batteries were there.

Attachments

BobLLL

It sounds like your 2007 Agile was built on the "first generation" Sprinter chassis, built by MB before mid-2006. The engine battery was under the hood in that model. There was no battery under the driver's floor. MB provided space for an auxiliary battery under the passenger seat for the first generation, but Roadtrek used that space for the fresh water tank. So Roadtrek put the auxiliary/coach battery under the rear seat. I thought RT started using the 2nd generation Sprinter chassis, with the engine battery under the driver's floor, in 2007 but apparently not.

bigfelipe

It sounds like your 2007 Agile was built on the "first generation" Sprinter chassis, built by MB before mid-2006. The engine battery was under the hood in that model. There was no battery under the driver's floor. MB provided space for an auxiliary battery under the passenger seat for the first generation, but Roadtrek used that space for the fresh water tank. So Roadtrek put the auxiliary/coach battery under the rear seat. I thought RT started using the 2nd generation Sprinter chassis, with the engine battery under the driver's floor, in 2007 but apparently not.
Sorry, should have been clearer. It's a 2007 titled Roadtrek, built on a 2006 Sprinter as I understand it. Last of the 5 cylinders...

David Kwong

Roadtrek Agile 2007, Dometic Refrigerator removal?

We have a Roadtrek Agile 2007, with built on a 2006 Sprinter with Dometic Refrigerator, beside the 4 Phillip head screw that holds it in place on both side, are their anything else I need to removed in order to take out this refrigerator. I'm replacing it with A/C, D/C compressor type!

David Kwong

2007 Roadttrek SS Agile, water tank replacement needed!

Looking for 2007 Roadtrek Agile - Grey water Tank replacement, got damaged bottom cracked & leaking!

Top Bottom