Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
clark

Default Re: Swivel seat adapters: you get what you pay for?

Krenovian

Did you get the divers side to work? Any pics?

Thx
Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
lzcamper

Keith,

Have you tried Upscale Automotive in Tualatin? http://www.upscaleauto.com/seat_swivels.htm Their price looks a little higher, but you wouldn't have to pay the cost of shipping.

Rick
lzcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Hikinginpdx
Sprinter is for sale

Rick,

I've talked with Upscale and even with being local, there was a significant shipping charge. It was a bit surprising, but that is what I was told when I called.

Keith
Hikinginpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hikinginpdx For This Useful Post:
Baby_Bluega! (10-27-2014)
Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
Krenovian

Clark,

I have'nt started the project of re-mounting the parking brake pylon. If I can remove the existing pylon intact I will just bolt it to the seat base in a lower position. If I can't remove it intact I'll fabricate a new one. I'll post photos when it happens. Building cabinets and a bed system are higher priorities at the moment.

Curt
Krenovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
clark

Thanks, maybe I'll get to it first... I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #16
NBB

I was just calling around about these. My finding is that there are only 2 different products among the 4 quoted vendors to choose from. Let me know if you have found different.

I have not found another option for sale here in the US, though in Europe there are a few other options.

From pictures and mechanical diagrams on Eurocamper, Sprinter Accessories and Upscale Auto - I got the impression they were all offering the exact same product. Advantage: Offset swivel for easier rotation. Disadvantage: Parking brake issues. Not sure I'm psyched on the seats shifting toward the center after rotation, either.

Discount Van RV offers a different product. I spoke at length with their tech support. He said 1 5/8" rise. Advantage: No parking brake repositioning epic. Disadvantage: More awkward to rotate.

I will probably go with Discount's product.

I think I'm mostly just repeating prior posts, but thought I would summarize.

- Nate
NBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NBB For This Useful Post:
Byrd (03-11-2017), MyWanderlust (05-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
eurocampers
eurocampers.com

Our swivel prices may seem a bit high, but we charge actual shipping costs, so the total price you pay may actually be less than the other guys. With your purchase from us, you also receive great customer service and quick delivery. We stand behind our products, and offer a 1 year warranty and parts and also offer repair service on our swivels. We accept credit cards, which gives you purchase protection. We have also been in business since 1996, and we will still be in business many years to come. EuroCampers is a family run operation. We answer the phones and emails, and we're here in the office 5 days a week. We are located in Pevely Missouri and are open to the public by appointment You can also purchase 24 hours a day through our website. http://eurocampers.com

We offer Sportscraft brand swivels that have been pull tested to US standards. These are designed just for your Sprinter unlike our competitor that takes a generic swivel and welds pieces of metal to it to try to make it fit. Ask them if their swivel is pull tested. The Sportscraft swivels are heavy. They need to be of heavy duty construction to pass the pull testing. The floor of your Sprinter will fail long before the swivel does in the pull tests.

In regard to installing this on the suspension seats. We do not recommend this. Any alterations to the swivel or the way it mounts may make it no longer safe. This type of use has not been tested and we are unable to offer any support or warranty for this type of installation. As others have posted, the handbrake adapter does not give enough clearance for the swivel seat when modified to work with suspension seats.

Next month we will have some new swivels available for the 2007-2009 Sprinters. We have been providing these swivels to a major RV manufacture in the past, and now will have them available on our website. These new swivels are made in Germany by Reimo, and are the best made swivel that we have come across. They have a lower profile and turn smoother than the Sprotscraft. The downside is they are more expensive. I expect to offer them for around $270 each. They should be available on the website in the next couple of weeks. We will continue to also offer the Sportscraft swivels.

If you have read this far, thank you for your time. We are offering a 5% discount to the Sprinter Forum members. Enter the code sf2009 to receive your discount at checkout. The discount only applies to internet orders through the end of this year.

I always welcome comments and suggestions.

Best regards,

Steve Lashley
President
SKL Enterprises Inc.
http://EuroCampers.com
505 Old State Road North
Pevely MO 63070
888-797-5994
636-337-7700
eurocampers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eurocampers For This Useful Post:
Baatzy (10-08-2017), Benoni (08-15-2010), brianmcgaha (10-15-2009), hoipolloi (06-29-2016), lzcamper (10-17-2009), sikwan (10-15-2009), sorryhoney (02-19-2012), TSN (09-22-2011)
Old 10-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocampers View Post
Our swivel prices may seem a bit high, but we charge actual shipping costs, so the total price you pay may actually be less than the other guys. With your purchase from us, you also receive great customer service and quick delivery. We stand behind our products, and offer a 1 year warranty and parts and also offer repair service on our swivels. We accept credit cards, which gives you purchase protection. We have also been in business since 1996, and we will still be in business many years to come. EuroCampers is a family run operation. We answer the phones and emails, and we're here in the office 5 days a week. We are located in Pevely Missouri and are open to the public by appointment........... .............only applies to internet orders through the end of this year.

I always welcome comments and suggestions.

Best regards,

Steve Lashley
President
SKL Enterprises Inc.
http://EuroCampers.com
505 Old State Road North
Pevely MO 63070
888-797-5994
636-337-7700
Steve is d'man!

I recently purchased a full set of custom mats and had him make an additional matching side sliding door mat. Plus, I ordered a Fiamma F65 awning.

Yes there may be cheaper or cheap, but there is no substution for dedication, honesty and integrity, which Steve has.

He took more time than what was need to explain the pro's and con's & intimate details of the products' function and such, clearly knowning his products. When I didn't like the fit of the mid section mat, which he had explained may be the case in advance, he facilitated in having my own templated design made and shipped, in under 2 weeks, no cost.

I needed a replacement switch for the Fiamma motor kit. I called to ask if he had one or should I contact Fiamma. He immediately said Fiamma warranties, but before I had a chance to say Ok, I'll call, he said "I'll contact (Bill/Bob?) and have one shipped.", which he imediately did and followed up on. He didn't have to, but that's Steve....

Last edited by OrioN; 10-15-2009 at 04:03 PM.
OrioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
dbeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrioN View Post
Steve is d'man!

He didn't have to, but that's Steve....

In 2005 I purchased 2 swivel seat bases from Steve. 9 months later I called to see if I could return the unused passenger swivel. No problem treated me like a gold star customer.

David

PS: Upscale is also great but stay away from Sprinter Accessories

Last edited by dbeyer; 10-15-2009 at 10:43 PM.
dbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dbeyer For This Useful Post:
Baatzy (10-08-2017)
Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 AM   #20
NBB

Thanks for the update(s). A swivel that isn't pull tested would be indeed be unacceptable to me. Doesn't matter to me how it's made, just that it passes a recognized test. The net is great for locating weird items and getting a good price, but it really sucks not being able to handle and play with a product before you throw down what is usually quite a bit of money - to vendors who often have horribly high restocking fees. So, I'll wait for these other swivels and probably buy them from someone with a return policy commensurate with the trials of internet shopping. BTW - Discount RV = 30% restocking, 7% processing fee for cancellations - also unacceptable, IMO, for someone selling mostly homebrew items - no thanks, not worth it.

Last edited by NBB; 10-16-2009 at 07:45 PM.
NBB is offline   Reply With Quote