Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Forest River

Old 04-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
EvermanJ

Default does MB Cruiser have a Coach Number??

Hello all, I've been trying to title my MB Cruiser in New Mexico for a couple of weeks but without luck. Their system requires a second ID (first being the VIN) or coach number. I gave them the RIVA number printed on the outside of the vehicle, but it didn't take and I can't find any others.
Does anyone know of a coach number or second ID number on a MB cruiser or similar sprinter based RV? thank you very much.
EvermanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,851 Times in 5,726 Posts
Default Re: does MB Cruiser have a Coach Number??

Others will have better answers, but isn't there an RV builder's sticker listing things like the "dry weight" and other loading details?
I would assume (optimist that i am) that it would have the RV VIN on it.

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:37 AM   #3
Mike DZ
2016 View 24V (2015 3500)

My View has a VIN and a Serial number. The VIN is from MB and the serial is from WBGO. Both are on the drivers side door jamb on the same sticker. My "dry weight" sticker is on the passenger side door jamb.
Mike DZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:33 PM   #4
mbcruiser
05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser

Weight info including water and waste tank capacities are listed on a sticker inside the upper cabinet behind my driver's seat. I haven't looked lately to see if additional numbers are present, but next time I open the cabinet I'll try to remember to look.
2006 MB Cruiser
mbcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
coulter6
2018 LTV Unity Twin Bed

I live in Albuquerque and had the exact same problem with a 2015 Coachman Prism. Ultimately I had to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection since no one at the DMV office could find the right number. Took 4 months to get it done. What a pain in the ass!

Fast forward - I replaced the Prism with a National RV Tropical and went to get it registered at the same DMV office. Guess what - they couldn't find the coach ID number on that one either --- they wanted me to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection again.

That's when I remembered they had reopened the DMV office in Tijeras, so I drove directly from the first DMV office to the Tijeras DMV office. Went in, clerk said she needed to do a VIN inspection, we went out to the coach, she wrote down a few numbers, we went back inside and guess what --- she registered the coach then and there; no hassle.

Recommend you try the Tijeras DMV. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by coulter6; 05-24-2018 at 09:11 PM.
coulter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to coulter6 For This Useful Post:
4wheeldog (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 12:34 AM   #6
4wheeldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulter6 View Post
I live in Albuquerque and had the exact same problem with a 2015 Coachman Prism. Ultimately I had to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection since no one at the DMV office could find the right number. Took 4 months to get it done. What a pain in the ass!

Fast forward - I replaced the Prism with a National RV Tropical and went to get it registered at the same DMV office. Guess what - they couldn't find the coach ID number on that one either --- they wanted me to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection again.

That's when I remembered they had reopened the DMV office in Tijeras, so I drove directly from the first DMV office to the Tijeras DMV office. Went in, clerk said she needed to do a VIN inspection, we went out to the coach, she wrote down a few numbers, we went back inside and guess what --- she registered the coach then and there; no hassle.

Recommend you try the Tijeras DMV. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Yup.....The $10 service charge in the Tijeras Office is often very worth while.
Plus it is only 6 miles for me.
4wheeldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
luvlabs

I've registered two motorhomes in NM and have had no problems. I suggest you go to a real MVD office (not one of the contract "express" ones) to get things done. The first motorhome required a VIN inspection - the clerk came out from the office and verified the one on the dash and then I pointed her to the engine hatch and she verified the one there. No LEO inspection required. My second (the Navion in my signature) was purchased in Albuquerque and I registered in Las Cruces. Easy peasy and no additional paperwork required - just money.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote