Need wider side mirrors

lzcamper

Are there any wider mirrors out there that can be used to replace the existing factory mirrors on my '06, 158" Sprinter without too much cosmetic damage. Driving it on a crowded freeway seems more difficult than driving a Class C that I used to have. I would like mirrors that show more of the freeway lanes along the sides of my van. It's been my experience that wider mirrors work much better that tall narrow ones.

Rick

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Did you know of the factory parabloic mirror extensions from the dealer?

Recommended - plus they integrate nicely with the originals.

They're about £50 a pair here. Note that they are handed though, so make sure you fit the correct one to each side. Take the mirrors off, then establish position for two small holes, drill through plastic housing, bolt them up and refit mirrors. Takes half an hour including putting the kettle on.

Sorted!

Attachments

lzcamper

I went to the local dealer today and they had the mirrors in stock, but I didn't buy them. One set of mirrors cost $170 + tax =$181. Because the value of the dollar has dropped, the price has gone up about 50%. I will have to look for another alternative, maybe some of those little convex "stick-on" mirrors.

Rick

bikerjoe

You beat me to it! I keep the part number in my cwellular phone, so that when the bux are there and I am ready, I'll order a set for my own "FrankenSprinter"

Nate

Also with the 3" stick on parabolic you don't have to worry about losing fuel mileage because of wind resistance.:thumbup:

Top Bottom