Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 09-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #31
just4grins

Default Re: shower and kitchen sink won't drain

OK here's an update. We had the airlock fix done. While on a trip in Washington State, we noticed a leak at the top of the gray tank. The leak only occurred when the gray tank was absolutely full. Decided to leave it alone until we got home after 3 weeks on the road.
Crawled under the SS Agile on last Saturday and found that the fitting into the tank uses a compression type fitting which was wire tied to a brake line on the rear axle. The up and down movement of the axle wiggled the compression partially out which caused the leak. I let RoadTrek know about the problem.
However, I decided to try and fix it this past weekend. I reset the compression fitting and also used 3M 5200 sealant and adhesive, and wire tied the hose to a nonmoving part. The 5200 will be cured by this weekend. I will then fill the tank and check for leaks. Wait for the next chapter.
just4grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #32
just4grins

OK not great. The way the vent tube is routed it has a low spot and when it fills with water is doesn't drain when you empty the gray water. I've tried to reroute the tube, but choices aren't great. You need to avoid the exhaust pipe(hot) and the drive shaft, not many options. This is a jerry rigged fix at best. A smaller tube should be used so you can reroute it all down hill. I'm back to saying that if you see the galley sink drain slowly, empty your tanks to avoid a water clog. Disappointed folks.
The Following User Says Thank You to just4grins For This Useful Post:
Aggie (07-22-2019)
Old 10-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #33
starfighter

I was concerned about this exact thing when I did mine.....
so I put the fitting into the top of the gray tank, then added an eL to it with the leg going up.
I didn't do the connection to the existing vent as I was either cleverly avoiding the problem or just lazy. But after 6,000 miles, I never noticed and leakage from this method and drains all work now.
starfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #34
just4grins

You were definitely smart. Our vent "mod" came apart one morning while camping. I'm getting ready to patch the hole they drilled in the side of the tank and probably do something like you've done. The whole thing reminds me of an old adage when I was in business...The Five P's. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #35
nukesul

Does anyone have any pictures of what is required or of the install? With Roadtrek in bankruptcy I'll need to figure out a repair on my own I guess.
nukesul is offline   Reply With Quote