Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Forest River

Old 08-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
Polariste

Default Re: Sunseeker MBS 2400W

To : rsheywood@gmail.com,

There will be a recall made by Forest River in regard to the Curt Controller for the RV rear lights. It should be around August 18th, meanwhile they are working on a solution to this problem. I replaced the controller on mine because I had lost all the lights ( parking, brake, turn). Go and check the Forest River forum for details.
Polariste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #12
rsheywood@gmail.com
2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400w

Regarding the Curt controller, I have been following the various threads on the issue, and am aware of the proposed recall. I do not see an area on the FR forum that reports on recalls. I had trouble with my controller, wrapped it in a heavy duty zip lock baq after it dried out, and reported the issue to my dealer... In the meantime I have not had any problems with the lights.

If there is an official recall, it is my understanding that FR will be required to communicate with me directly so we can arrange for the fix.
rsheywood@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
bmwrider1946

We purchased a Forester 2401W in June. Already have almost 7,000 miles on it. Had typical problems, but if you buy a new motor home and do not expect to deal with these type issues you will be frustrated. I can't imagine a better configuration than the W. I could not bring myself to buy one until I saw this configuration. Small but very livable.
bmwrider1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:26 PM   #14
Chris V

Problems:

- side door is solid, but the latches for the screen door / main door are a learning curve... We cannot shut the door without working the latches, and they stick.

- the Curt controller wigged out in the super rains we drove through, causing the running lights to randomly go on and off night and day. When it dried out l taped HD plastic bags over it, and it is now ok... It also has not rained in awhile.

- the slide room, both the coolest feature and potentially biggest problem, would not extend as I was trying to show it to a relative 1200 miles from home. I called the dealer, and they were ready to fix it right away, except for the "1200 miles away" problem. They referred me to a dealer in the area we were visiting, and that is a story in itself, and not a good one. The videos from Lippert are pretty helpful, and the good news is that the slide controller in easy to find, in the basement cabinet under the slide. It has a code system that tells you what the problem is. In our case, motor 2 had a short in the wiring. and I found that the plug that connects the wiring to the motor was cracked, causing a loose wire. Hot glue & tape and all was good.

So far, so great![/QUOTE]
What is a "curt controller"?
And for your sticky locks I would suggest that you get a can of silicon spray and lube the lock and their mechanisms. That should solve the problem. Its also useful on the seals for the slide out.
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #15
rsheywood@gmail.com
2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400w

The Curt controller is an electronic device that coordinates the brake and signal lights with the trailer circuitry, and I believe Forest River employs this unit to handle problems that occur between the use of classic tungsten bulbs and newer LED's, which are everywhere on the back of the RV. On my 2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W, it is mounted on the driver's side rear just in front of the rear bumper on the coach shell. In that position it is exposed to water spray off the rear wheels, and has been problematic with the Sunseeker MBS line for the last year, so much so that Forest River initiated a recall. In the last couple of weeks we had the work done at the factory, as we pass near there when returning from our travels South. The folks at the factory were great, and they did a nice job on the repair, enclosing the newly engineered parts in a protected enclosure.

If you have a late model SunSeeker, check to see if the recall applies to you, as signal and brake light failure may occur, along with the trailer plug connection problems.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 09-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #16
Arcrider

My wife and I bought a Forest River 2400 RSD MBC last May. We upgraded from a Cascade travel trailer. We bought the unit with no cab over bed.

This is the unit that has the rear slide and a side slide where only the dinette moves out.

We took this to yellowstone and grand tetons with our daughter and husband for 8 days. 3 Weeks after we returned, we traded it in for a Winnebago Nation 24J/ View 24j.

Here's why.

On the Sunseeker I loved the side camera's, came standard with the 3M clear bra, gel coat grey paint. I modified to have the TV play through surround system. The back bedroom was very well designed when pushed out and the mattress was excellent! The mileage was around 15-16, not bad!

So, here's what we didn't like.
1. When traveling if you have a motorcycle or bikes on a hitch rack, you cannot push out the bed when stopped. With no cab over bed there is no where to take a nap or rest.
2. 2 of the doors had the hinge screws pull out (particle board).
3. The magnet ion the bedroom that holds the door pulled out of the wall.
4. The trim on the rear slide and seals came off after pushing the slide out and pulling in after 9 times. They are stapled to the frame.
5. the outside bins began to sag in the middle with nominal weight in them (hoses, wheel chocks).
6. Overall workmanship is poor and cheap.

We got a good deal on this unit, but for $7k more we could have gotten a much higher quality unit.
Arcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:59 AM   #17
rsheywood@gmail.com
2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400w

I like to follow people's experiences on pretty much all the brands of MBS based campers, and it seems that there are bad experiences across the board, even on the higher priced models... we have had our W for about 18 months, covered about 24000 miles, and spent about 175 nights on-board. Although not trouble free, our overall experience has been pretty great. During the purchase process we almost went for a Winnebago View/Navion, but when we saw the SunSeeker 2400w, the floor plan really caught us, and the price was attractive as well. It didn't have all the bells and whistles of the Winnie, but for the $13000 difference, we were willing to give it a try... our unit's build quality was pretty good overall, but we keep a pretty close eye on things, so stuff that rattles or loosens gets attention pretty quickly.

Cynthia and Bob
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 04-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #18
Jacquemo

Question Re: Sunseeker MBS 2400W

Anyone have experience with either using or installing an Auxillary Fuel Tank on their MBS 2400 series RV?
Jacquemo is offline   Reply With Quote